Thread: Navigation link to page anchor

User

Default Navigation link to page anchor

Hi,

Back from my holidays and back into work

I'm trying to figure out the best approach to my problem. I've created a navigation that has submenu items. I want some of the menu items to link to anchor tags within another page.

Example.
    Here is my part of my menu
    [attachment=1:3tuubmvu]menu.JPG[/attachment:3tuubmvu]

In Ecology, I'd like Stakeholders, Production and Transportation text to all be on one page, I guess like multiple articles, but with the links linking to anchors to scroll to the relevant part.

My idea was, that I would create in the site structure a page for each (so it would create the menu items) and then include all the content in the first page and have redirects on the others.
    [attachment=0:3tuubmvu]site_structure.JPG[/attachment:3tuubmvu]

If it possible to link a menu item to an anchor name tag?

Kind Regards

James

User

Default Re: Navigation link to page anchor

You could make the page an external redirect, except you do not link externally, but fill in the exact url at "Link target" including the anchor part!

You can also use insert tags inside the Link target field. So if that page's alias changes all links update automatically. So use: {{link_url::12}}#production and replace 12 with the correct page id :D

User

Hey

Thanks, I thought about the external links but didn't realise I could put in replacement tags.

Will give that a try.
    Thanks again.

User

Just tested it and it kind of works but, it doesn't make the current link active So clicking production makes stakeholders the active link, as I guess you'd expect...

Time for a little rethink :?:

If the content isn't too much and it isn't going to change, then I could just have the same content on each of the pages.