Thread: Keep In Mind of Noobies

User

Default Keep In Mind of Noobies

As a fellow noobie to web design, please be mindful of our ignorance in doing anything with well... anything . I don't know about other countries, but most general education courses in the U.S. don't require much work with computers, and especially coding of any sort. I remember in High School (only about 5 years ago) the most we had for interfacing with computers is an "advanced typing course", "business applications course", and a "computer animation course". I'm sure there are many like myself that jump into wanting to make a website, and want the best application/help they can get, but have no knowledge of html, css, php, javascript etc.

Maybe we should create another forum for links to basic information on html, css (w3schools?), php, javascript, and maybe other links for cool things to learn like jquery for example.

Yes, dumb questions will still be asked about css but at least if it's something extremely basic, we can point to the forum with the information they need.

Experienced user

Default Re: Keep In Mind of Noobies

Good idea.
    Perhaps bookmarks on http://www.contao-factory.com would be suitable (i don't think we need a forum as such for this).
    And a sticky thread in Using Contao and/or Newbie Forum pointing to it ...."Great resources"
    I keep trying to get around to contribute there, but can't quite find the time at the moment.

User

Default Re: Keep In Mind of Noobies

Yeah I know what you mean. I'm so busy right now, the only times I get onto the forums is during work hours lol. Full time school, full time work, married w/kid on the way... can't find much time to fit anything in atm.