Thread: Bug?? iFrames get stripped out despite settings...

User

Default Bug?? iFrames get stripped out despite settings...

I am trying to embed a youtube video into a news article and every time I put the new youtube embed code in the html edit window and click update, it disappears. the code is:
    Code:
    <iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lAbLnRj6Wys" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    I have enabled the tag <iframe> in the "Allowed HTML tags" settings but it still gets stripped out.

I have tested this on 3 different installs, all running 2.9.3 and get the same results. What gives?

Greg

Experienced user

Default Re: Bug?? iFrames get stripped out despite settings...

When you say "In the HTML Edit Window", so you mean TinyMCE's HTML edit window?

This may help:
    viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2431
    Brian

User

Did you allow iFrame as a tag in the settings page?

Ben
    360fusion: Virtual Tours - Web Design
    Social Media: Twitter - Facebook Page

User

Hey Guys,

Yes, that's what I mean "TinyMCE's HTML edit window", and yes as I said, in the "Allowed HTML tags" settings on the settings page I added <iframe> to the list, I even confirmed that it is in the localconfig.php file, but the tag still gets stripped out of my html when I click the update button in the editor. I am seeing this exact behavior on several sites that we run.

Thanks,
    Greg

Experienced user

You may have overlooked the link in Medianomoly's post

Experienced user

Specifically the very last post -- it shows the TinyMCE configuration settings you need to change, and where to find the file that it's in.

That's why I asked. The settings you changed don't apply to TinyMCE. But if you added your code to, say, an "HTML" content element, you would see your changes reflected.
    Brian

User

I have an easier way to accomplish this. As long as you don't mind having it as a lightbox...

Search in the extension repository for iframe and it will return a module called Content_Popups. You can use that content module to build a "lightbox" iframe, specify the youtube url embedded code, give it the same frame width/height. The video will will popup in a lightbox, with the option to full screen.

You'll build the module in an article as a content element, and not in the modules section.