Thread: [SOLVED] some menu/submenu's problems

User

Default [SOLVED] some menu/submenu's problems

Hello Contao Community,

i have a question about the menustyling in contao.
    i am makeing a website but i have trouble making the menu working as i want to work it :lol:

this is my problem.

i have 1 main index page
    in that page visitors can choose for business and private
    but when i do that i see a submenu i dont want the submenu seeing.
    and when the click on it the are going to that page bur the menu is not good because
    the menu items that i wanne show are shown as a submmenu what i dont want to.
    i have a picture atacht to it to make it a little bit cleare.

if you dont know what i mean just say it then i'm going to take some screenshot.

User

Default Re: some menu/submenu's problems

I think I understood...
    You have the 1 menu item as the only item showing. That item shows two submenu items; Business and Personal? But you don't want the submenu items showing, you just want the user to click on your 1 menu item, navigate to a specific page, and leave the two submenu items invisible?

User

Quote Originally Posted by mechaflash
    I think I understood...
    You have the 1 menu item as the only item showing. That item shows two submenu items; Business and Personal? But you don't want the submenu items showing, you just want the user to click on your 1 menu item, navigate to a specific page, and leave the two submenu items invisible?
    Yes that's wat i want to.
    and when the user click on business or personal and land on that page i want only showing the links for that page.
    (the submenu from main page)

User

Given you are using Contao's mod_navigation...
    You may need to build multiple mod_navigation modules for each "Level" of menu items you have. This example we'll say you have a Home page as your level 1 page, and Business and Personal pages as the level 2 pages. In your case, you have two levels, so you'll build two modules (we'll name them menu1 and menu2).

For menu1, you'll leave the "Start Level" and "Stop Level" at 0, and check the "Hard Limit" box. This will ensure that only your main link will show for that module. Then specify in the "Set A Reference Page" area that you want this included on the Home page of your site.

For menu2, you'll specify a "Start Level" 1, and "Stop Level" 1, and check the "Hard Limit" box. This will ensure that only the 2 submenu items (Business - Personal) will show on the module.

The carefree way to plug them into the site will be to put them both into the same layout, and use CSS to hide your menu2 from the home page. To do this, ensure you give a CSS class to your home page (we'll say it's class is "home") and a CSS class to your menu2 (we'll call the class "menu2")
    Code:
    .home .menu2{
    display: none
    }
    In theory, I believe this will work :D

User

Quote Originally Posted by mechaflash
    Given you are using Contao's mod_navigation...
    You may need to build multiple mod_navigation modules for each "Level" of menu items you have. This example we'll say you have a .......
    thanks for the help..
    i have it now how i want it to be
    i only did it a little bit different,
    i have 1 mod_menu module and 2 different "theme layouts" and 2 module's.
    i dont think you understand it with this explanation but if you want to know how i did it i can make screen shots.
    but much thanks for giving me this wonderful tip.

and i dont even have to change the CSS..

User

Default Re: [SOLVED] some menu/submenu's problems

I already knew that was an option. I take the route of having less modules/layouts to deal with to keep it more organized. But that works too :D