Thread: How to Install Plugins..?

New user

Default How to Install Plugins..?

Hello,

I am a New in contao CMS can anyone help me in how to install this plugin : http://www.contao.org/extension-list/vi ... 09.en.html

OR any plugonis...?

Thanks
    KK!

User

Default Re: How to Install Plugins..?

Use the extension repository. It is built into Contao.

The more people using Contao the better, and new people are very welcome. But even though you are new, you can still put some effort into it. I don't think you even searched for your answer: http://www.contao.org/repository.html

Experienced user

Hi KK
    In your backend menu under "System" you'll see "Extension catalog" .
    Locate the extension you want, click on the [green] name of it, click the install button at the bottom of the screen that you see, and follow through from there

User

Quote Originally Posted by Vera
    Use the extension repository. It is built into Contao.

The more people using Contao the better, and new people are very welcome. But even though you are new, you can still put some effort into it. I don't think you even searched for your answer: http://www.contao.org/repository.html
    But then forum trollers (like myself and ramjet) will have no fun being logged into contao-community.org for 16+ hours a day =D

New user

Thank you very much to all of you I got it and I have another Qs. that I am using this Plugin : http://www.contao.org/extension-list/vi ... 19.en.html

But did not found the selectbox called “Fallback-Page”... if you guys will help me in it will be thankful OR you can suggest me any multilingual plugin for site where I want flags for it

Thanks in Advance
    KK

But did not found the selectbox called “Fallback-Page”...
    Hi KK, welcome.
    The said selectbox called “Fallback-Page” is under page settings. Go to Site structures -> Click Edit Page button. now under pages meta information you'll get among others like page title, Language, Robots tag, describtion you'll have Fallback-Page.
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

New user

Hello tsarma

Thanks for reply but I did not get that option there can I have snap OR something so that I will have idea....

Again thanks in advance

KK

Hi KK005,

may we assume that you set up a page of type "Website root" in your "Site structure" for your first language and marked as "Language fallback"?
    If this is the case: Have you duplicated the entire site structure under this starting point for your second language?
    If this is also true, then you find this select field for all the "Regular pages" in the corresponding page settings.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

Hello xchs

here is what I am get under site structure

http://img26.imageshack.us/i/snapshots054.png/

Please help me I want to create Multilingual site.. if anyone have tutorial link will be really appreciate

Thanks
    KK!

Experienced user

I'll try and post an export of the Im.Ex. extension I'll be testing this week. Then you'll get a setup of multilingual content. This way you'll have it set up and you can follow the example. If you can't wait;

You first need to add a site root for each language. So you need to add a new page and choose page type "root page". Right now you do not have any. Then move all pages inside this root page.

Also you should install the "changelanguage" extension. This is the name so you can find it in the repository. When finished the root page get's an extra field defining it as the base language (or something like that).

Now the fastest way is to copy the root page and all subpages (green plus with yellow arrow). Paste it after the existing (not as subpage). You end at the root pages properties page, edit "Foreign-Domain Root Page" set it to the original page. If you would then change each pages language to the one you need (edit multiple is the fastest way). The thing you need to do now is associate each page with the original page. If you edit a page an extra option is added "Fallback-page"; you need to select each pages original language equal.

The final thing is add a module of the type changelanguage which adds options to insert a language switcher to your layout.

Hi, as xchs has asked, did you made/duplicate a root for the second language? I am just asking this coz looking at the screenshot you provide, I doubt of it. And another thing in the screenshots you have provided for german language wrong input. Its - 'de' not 'ge' as you have in language.

Please look at following screenshots if it helps.
    Site Structure with 3 website roots:
    [attachment=1:166grwbg]sitestructure.png[/attachment:166grwbg]

Fallback setting :
    [attachment=0:166grwbg]fallback.png[/attachment:166grwbg]

New user

Hello
    Ruud & Tsarma

Thanks a lot for your support....

Thanks again
    KK !

Is your main language german or serbia? In the screenshots img577 and img 810 you have Language fallback checked in both. The Language fallback should be checked only for the main language (website root). And for each pages in the 2nd language (2nd website root ) under edit page you'll have the options to set the Fallback-Page as I've shown in previous post.

New user

My main language is German...

Quote Originally Posted by KK005
    My main language is German...
    Ok, then as tsarma said do the following:
    • Root page "Metz-german": Check the option "Language fallback"[/*:m:nt72im63]
    • Root page "Metz-Serbia": Uncheck the option "Language fallback" and replace in the field "Language" the ISO 639-1 language code "en" with "sr"[/*:m:nt72im63]
    After that, you can assign for all the "Regular pages" under the Serbian site structure the corresponding fallback page from the german website root.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

Thank you to all guys for helping me out in it .... I am 99% over there but have last Qs in my mind is that when I have setup other languages in my site it show the main language is missing in it ... Plz have a look on the link for it

And my last Qs is that If I have enter the article in German Language and I need the same article for Russian Language do I need to create the article for Russian again OR is there any short way to do this (Like article have any facilities to do this things at once for multi language)

Thanks
    KK!

New user

Thank you to all guys for helping me out in it .... I am 99% over there but have last Qs in my mind is that when I have setup other languages in my site it show the main language is missing in it ... Plz have a look on the link for it

http://img853.imageshack.us/i/missing.jpg/

And my last Qs is that If I have enter the article in German Language and I need the same article for Russian Language do I need to create the article for Russian again OR is there any short way to do this (Like article have any facilities to do this things at once for multi language)

Thanks
    KK!

Experienced user

Maybe the module called translation? http://www.contao.org/extension-list...ompat/2.9.html

New user

Thank you very much !!!!!!
    And for the language missing problem in my above link.. am I make something wrong in it...?