Thread: menu and main articel is it posible?

User

Default menu and main articel is it posible?

Hello Contao community,

i am making one of my website into contao but i have some questions.
    i have a screen shot of my main template what i have.
    but i have some troubles making the menu and the main 2 content boxes.

is it possible to have the menu as in the screen shot because i dont know how.

and my other question is how can i make 2 different "articles" as on the screen shot.
    Like content box 1 for article one and content box 2 for the second article.

Much Thanks

Tieme

Experienced user

Default Re: menu and main articel is it posible?

I am assuming you are showing one page that has two articles next to each other and you have two separate menu's, one on the left and another with different items on the right.

There are several ways to get that.
    Prepare the layout
    Inside the layout (Contao backend->Themes->your theme->layout->the layout you're using) enable the right column (item Columns). Save the layout. Then inside the same layout add an Articles module (item Included modules). (and save)

Add an article
    I am now assuming the main column is the left (green) part. The right column will be the pink.
    At Articles click "New Article" and add it to a page. Set "Display in" to Right column. Save and edit, then add some content to the article. You must now styke the two columns of this page in whatever way you need it to be.

The menu
    I am uncertain what both menu's represent, so the only thing I'm going to say is that you need two modules of any menu type. If they are both standard navigation you may need to add two hidden or redirect pages in the site structure each containing one of the two menu's. If the right menu are fixed items like login, support and contact you can also use a different site structure. In any case; figure out what you need exactly, but you do need two menu modules and have them added to your layout.

CSS
    Or perhaps this is a CSS question? Then what part is it that you cannot achieve? There are tons of CSS examples of horizontal menu's so I assume you know how to build that. Should look like li { display: inline; } (and ul { text-align: right; } for the pink menu), or using floats though that is harder in your case.