Thread: Vertical text

New user

Default Vertical text

Hello, I want to write a vertical text using css and an article in #right. The question is how? Will it work with different browsers (IE, FF, Chrome, Opera)?
    Thanks in advance.

[attachment=0:3v5trmv5]var-text.jpg[/attachment:3v5trmv5]

Experienced user
    Brian

New user

Default Re: Vertical text

Thank You for the information.
    I am a beginner. ops: Which element must be "formatted" with this css code in Contao? #right, #right .inside, the "article" with text (with its ID, e.g. #vertext) or the text? :roll:

Experienced user

Quote Originally Posted by gigo
    Thank You for the information.
    I am a beginner. ops: Which element must be "formatted" with this css code in Contao? #right, #right .inside, the "article" with text (with its ID, e.g. #vertext) or the text? :roll:
    You could try and see what happens. It won't break, just undo if the change is not right.

Duf
    Gast

What's the difference if I change this with HTML or with CSS? Sorry, I'm a newbie.. I thought CSS changes all the pages at once, and if you just want vertical text on one page, you should change HTML. Isn't it so?

Experienced user

In the most strict form HTML contains information, CSS contains styling. So the answer should be "no"; you should not put the styling in the HTML because it just happens on that one spot.

I just finished a 1600 line long css file that also includes lots of statements that are used in one place only.