Thread: Catalog Filter starts searching before GO/Search is clicked?

User

Default Catalog Filter starts searching before GO/Search is clicked?

Hi Everyone,

I have enabled the Catalog Filter module on one of my pages.

The problem is that the moment you click on one of the options, the search is started:

[attachment=0:3b0p66ug]filter.jpg[/attachment:3b0p66ug]

Where/how can I change the behaviour to wait until all options are selected and the person has clicked on Go before a search is carried out?

Thanks very much.

p.s. and anyone know how I can get rid of those vertical scrollbars that are not being used?

User

Default Re: Catalog Filter starts searching before GO/Search is clic

Anyone? I would really appreciate any help or pointers on this.

Experienced user

This is by design. It's a URL type filter, not a form filter. Only the search is a Post operation. You can write your own form to send the values as post using your own custom filter template.

User

Quote Originally Posted by thyon
    This is by design. It's a URL type filter, not a form filter. Only the search is a Post operation. You can write your own form to send the values as post using your own custom filter template.
    Hi again,

Thanks very much for your feedback.

I am not sure how to build the form, because I don't know what parameters are being past to the list and how they are called.

Is it possible to build a form using the built in Contao form builder?

Thanks!

Experienced user

I've asked about that ones but got the same response (it is by design). I don't agree forms should reload pages without that this is clear beforehand to users. So I had to redo it by myself. The filters work by redirecting to a specific url (GET instead of POST). If you understand what each option will do to the url, then you can build your own filter javascriptcode. I did not write my entire form, just rewrote the js code. The downside is that some filter options result in 0 items found.

What I did you can see here for example: http://designxpress.nl/drukwerk/type/14 ... ize/9.html
    The link contains the parameters of the filter (type: 145=briefpapier; weight: 338=90gr; size: 9=A4)
    (ps, this link will be dead within two months or so...)

User

Ruud,

Thanks very much for your feedback. I also disagree with the way the filter works, if you allow the user to choose more than 1 drop down, then obviously the form should wait until all possible filter options have been selected.

The way it has been designed by default actually in end effect creates a "separate" form for each drop down, which makes no sense.

Could you share your template file with me? This would help me to get a better idea of how to build my own form.

Thanks!