Thread: CSS not being applied

User

Default CSS not being applied

Okay. Working on some preliminary site changes in the site header. Because I don't want to tamper with the current site, I have created new modules for the header, a new Page layout incorporating the new header module and a new page incorporating both. All this works fine.

Again because I don't want to make changes to the current site, I duplicated the css styles sheets in order to play with the styles.
    Here's the problem on the page layout css.

When I uncheck the original style sheets and put checks on the duplicated style sheets (which are unchanged copies of the original style sheets), I lose all css in the new page. No formatting at all.

Experienced user

Default Re: CSS not being applied

The new stylesheets are created in the contao root folder (I don't know whay that folder is used), can your contao installation create files there? If not change the permissions or create the css files the system would have made and assign correct permission.

User

I'll check that out.

Experienced user

I think when you duplicate a stylesheet, it is only written to the root folder (from where it is read) if you actually "enter" or maybe even edit that stylesheet in the editor - as I believe they're regenerated on change.