Thread: Creation of Custom TemplateLayout and CSS Code

New user

Default Creation of Custom TemplateLayout and CSS Code

Hi,

i#m trying to develop my own template with all the things... i made my theme... but i don't know how to make the css code for every piece of the site... and the modules...

there is a tutorial by contao how to develop that???? that will be a nice help

thx! :!: :!:

Experienced user

Default Re: Creation of Custom TemplateLayout and CSS Code

Hmmm, good one. I don't think Contao really helps you with that. The system provides for basic layout settings like column width. But other then that I'd say you need to know CSS. The system generates fairly consistent HTML which isn't that hard to style.

Perhaps someone knows some good CSS tutorials and refrence guides?

Do you have any experience with CSS at all? Generally I start by styling everything piece by piece from the top down. By default the headers id is "header" (<div id="header" ...>) so you could style that. Contao allows you to create stylesheets in the system, which is good for beginners so you don't have to look up all options but you can just tinker with the settings. You still have to know about selectors: http://css.maxdesign.com.au/selectutorial/

(I'm sorry, reading back my reply it is not very coherent, I hope it helps you though)

User

The place I've referenced for CSS is hXXp://www.w3schools.org. They teach you from beginner to advanced on how to use CSS, CSS2, and some CSS3. They also teach about HTML. I would suggest looking into the HTML section first (take you a day or so) then get into CSS.

It doesn't take much time at all to get the ball rolling with using basic CSS methods to style the web page, just it gets confusing if you are trying to develop for older web-browsers and IE all-together :| .

A very useful tool to play with CSS code or to check the CSS code of another website is Mozilla Firefox's add-on "Firebug". You can edit code right in your browser of another website and it will effect the page in real-time. You can visit other websites and delete/add in CSS code to see what it does.

Bon Appetite!

New user

Thank you very much guyz! I'm gonna check that!...