Thread: float an element with text wrapping - Solved

User

Default float an element with text wrapping - Solved

I have created an article with two elements. I am floating the first element right with CSS. I would like the text of the second element to wrap around the first element. I have not been able to get wrapping to work :-(. Here is the page that I have been working with http://dsdev.ds.umn.edu/test-service-3.html . Any idea what is missing?

Thank you,
    Tonu

Experienced user

Default Re: float an element with text wrapping

Contao does this. In the contao.css stylesheet .block overflow is set to hidden, I'm not sure why that is done for blocks.
    Override the setting and it works:
    Code:
    .block{overflow:visible;}

User

Ruud, thanks this was it. I attached a div named wrap_text for the text element that is supposed to wrap and added this to my css:

#wrap_text {overflow:visible;}

This works, but I am not entirely sure if this is the best way to do this.

Experienced user

Why not use the code I said? I don't think it will give you any trouble, or does it?

User

I was concerned about changing contao.css in fear of something not working right if I did. I didn't think this file was something we were supposed to modify. We run six websites on a single instance of contao and they all use the same contao.css file. It would be difficult for me to investigate if everything is working correctly if I made global change like this. May-be it is harmless, but I was just being cautious.

Thanks for your help!