Thread: Submit Contao form content + make PayPal payment

User

Default Submit Contao form content + make PayPal payment

Hi,

I'm looking to set up a functionality that integrates form submission and PayPal payment. (It's for registration and fee paying for charity events ). This means that a user would fill in a form on the website, and then proceed to PayPal to make payment.

This could just be handled as two separate things, i.e. from content gets sent by email, and then the PayPal payment is made, and the site owner would have to manually match the form emails and payments.

But I wonder what the easiest way would be to integrate both, i.e. that form data and payment confirmation arrive together (or are held at the same location).

A vague guess is that the Isotope e-commerce extension could be installed. Or is there an easier way? What's the simplest approach?

Many thanks

Experienced user

Default Re: Submit Contao form content + make PayPal payment

I'd imagine that for Isotope you would have to go through checkout (which can be customized to exclude steps or alter the existing)

I think that you could have the "make donation" part as a product on the website that gets added to the cart. (I think the system requires at least one product in the cart). You can add an extra donation step if needed where people can fill in an amount if needed (look through the forum, someone asked a similar question I think in the isotope subforum). Then you'd need the confirmation page that redirects to paypal payment. After payment it returns, but you might also need to change the email order because emails might be sent before payment? This can be customized and email templates can be made at will.

Fred or Andreas made a donation extension for Isotope already. I'm not sure if it is in the Repository, but it is in the Isotope svn...

Experienced user

Default Re: Submit Contao form content + make PayPal payment

If you are talking multiple "events" -- especially if they may exist at the same time -- I with Ruud, as some sort of cart system would be best.

I just quoted something similar for a client who wanted to accept donations via Paypal on their site through a form. There was no concept of a "cart" or multiple "products" in my case.

The solution I proposed was to build a form using the EFG extension, since it has the built-in ability to store submissions in a database that the client can then view/export/maintain through the Contao interface.

Paypal lets you pass through HTML variables from your form to it's system:
    https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd= ... lvariables

So the basic idea was --
    1. Fill out a donation form on the Website.
    2. Submissions get stored in a database (no confirmation email at this point).
    3. The form fields that are relevant to Paypal (name, address, etc.) get passed through by using the rules in that link above. Paypal completes the process by asking for payment info.
    4. At the conclusion, we have Paypal send the actual confirmation email, and redirect back to a thank you page on the site.

Not sure to what degree this helps, but there it is...
    Brian