Thread: Scoring answers

Experienced user

Default Scoring answers

Is it perhaps an idea to add an "accept as answer" option to the forum?

One advantage is you can easily tell apart which questions have been answered from the ones that might not have been.

Another feature could be you can assign a score to each member. It should be presented as a means to determine the probable quality of the answer; people that have a high rating are more likely to be active and provide acceptable answers. Even if they only go for the easy answers they'd still be good there...

I liked the list at the Delphi pages in which someone called "Mr Baseball" was the undisputed answer wizard solving the very hard and very easy question. I was much lower on the list, but because I wanted to get higher I spent more time at answering other peoples questions (which you have to do right to get accepted as the correct answer)

But the focus should lie on adding extra information about thread and poster.

User

Default Re: Scoring answers

That is a brilliant idea! Vanilla (forums) have a similiar plugin to install, I think it is a mandatory thing on support forums.

User

Ranking ladder with points and the points get you stuff?

On this American forum, just offer us off-the-wall German stuff and we'll be all over it :lol:

User

With or without ranking I like the idea! It is also great if you can see instantly if someone helps a lot. I happen to know who the people with the good answers are, but less frequent visitors may only know Leo because he built Contao. Having a ranking changes the way I view an answer, but I wouldn't discard a good answer from someone without any accepted answers either.

Quote Originally Posted by mechaflash
    Ranking ladder with points and the points get you stuff?
    Aside from the eternal glory you'd also receive 10 Contao-dollar for every 5 accepted answers. You can spent those in the extension repository, so knock yourself out! :P

Quote Originally Posted by mechaflash
    ... On this American forum ...
    If you don't mind me asking, how is a forum about a German product, hosted on a UK server, maintained by Clemens (I think?) American? Now don't you go and claim everything! :lol:

User

Sorry Vera . Had the case of the "Christopher Columbus" syndrome :lol: . Just saying that Americans visit this forum for information and that even if you send us German toilet paper for prizes we'd be all over it (cause it's foreign :? )