Thread: Error when expanding folders in File Field

User

Default Error when expanding folders in File Field

This just started and I cannot figure out why, I'm hoping someone else might have a clue.

I have 4 different catalogs each having the same issue. In the Backend, when expanding the File Field, anytime I click a folder to expand it (so I can view the files), it spits out this error in the spot that would normally show the files. :

Code:
        Fatal error: Could not load data container configuration in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/system/drivers/DC_Table.php on line 142

#0 /home/XXXXXX/public_html/system/drivers/DC_Table.php(142): __error(256, 'Could not load ...', '/home/XXXXXX/pu...', 142, Array)
        #1 /home/XXXXXX/public_html/system/drivers/DC_DynamicTable.php(57): DC_Table->__construct('Could not load ...', 256)
        #2 /home/XXXXXX/public_html/system/modules/backend/Backend.php(173): DC_DynamicTable->__construct(NULL)
        #3 /home/XXXXXX/public_html/contao/extMain.php(214): Backend->getBackendModule('tl_catalog_item...')
        #4 /home/XXXXXX/public_html/contao/extMain.php(449): Main->run('catalog')
        #5 {main}

Notice: Undefined index: ORIG_PATH_INFO in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/system/libraries/Environment.php on line 139
        Notice: Undefined index: PATH_INFO in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/system/libraries/Environment.php on line 139

Notice: Undefined index: ORIG_SCRIPT_NAME in /home/XXXXXX/public_html/system/libraries/Environment.php on line 139
    I even updated to the latest release of Contao and release 60 of the Catalog with no luck. Any ideas?

Also a note, If I use the Contao File Manager, it works fine. Only when using the File Field in the Catalog does it give the error.

User

Default Re: Error when expanding folders in File Field

Looks like it also affects fields that traverse the Page Structure as well. I have a select field that is set to use the tl_page table for it's source. When expanding a parent, it puts out the same error as above.

User

I found this post in the German Forums
    http://www.contao-community.de/showthre ... lermeldung

It seems to describe my situation (best I can tell from Google's Translation) and references a SVN version that fixes it through an additional parameter added to the url. Since I don't see this additional parameter, I'm going to assume it hasn't made it into the Contao repository yet. Could I just download the files from SVN and overwrite my current copy?

Quote Originally Posted by harley77
    Could I just download the files from SVN and overwrite my current copy?
    Yes. You can check out the latest project source code from Google Code: http://code.google.com/p/typolight-cata ... e/checkout

After that, make sure to update the database. Anyway, it's always a good idea to make a working backup before such an upgrade procedure.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Thank you xchs. First day back from vacation so I'm doing all this now.

Downloaded the latest svn, updated my website copy just fine. Still the same issue with a small difference. If I add the "catid=X" parameter at the end of the url string when I'm editing a catalog item, it doesn't give the error, However, it doesn't work right either.

A picture is worth a 1000 words, so following I have two screen shots, the First is what it does right now without any special actions.

[attachment=1:284pjwan]error_without_id.jpg[/attachment:284pjwan]

This picture is what happens if I manually add &catid=3 to the url and reload the Item edit page, then attempt to expand a directory.
    [attachment=0:284pjwan]error_with_id.jpg[/attachment:284pjwan]

Notice how it loads the entire page inside the spot that should just display the files.

I'm at a loss at what to try next.

User

Problem Solved.

After a series of Troubleshooting attempts (disabling plugins, changing settings, etc), The culprit was
    [extcontao] Extended Contao

I had installed it and used it a little before switching back to my previous BE theme. It seems to have some kind of global setting that effects operations even when not in use. I had to uninstall it entirely (disabling the plugin via settings didn't work).

So, there you go.