Thread: Search --- how to exclude (deleted) content?

New user

Default Search --- how to exclude (deleted) content?

Hi, I ran into this problem:

- I created a site starting out of Music Academy template (and content)
    - I deleted or unpublished all content having nothing to do to my site

My problem is that if I run a search say with "music" as a search term, old content and in fact all content NOT among my new content will be returned on many pages (like 7 pages in total). An example is this one

"Scholarship Program [85.71%]

Scholarship Program Music Academy debuts a new Scholarship Program … Program 2009-12-20 16:00 by Kevin Jones Music Academy debuts a new Scholarship Program. In … , regardless of their ability to pay, Music Academy has announced a Scholarship Program … and housing fees. Scholars will attend Music Academy for four years, with all fees … provided at no charge. Add a comment Music academy … new

news-reader/items/scholarship-program.html - 11.05 kB"

Also, I am puzzled by the fact, why I am getting a hit for a search term of "academy" as follows:
    "Timetable [16.67%]

index.php/timetable.html - 7.6 kB"

where no trace of "academy" can be seen at all.

My questions:
    - how can I eradicate any old content?
    - where can I find some setting to EXCLUDE a page from indexing and in fact searching?
    - if in the site setting I set NO INDEXING for searching, would this have any effect on pages created before this new setting was made (I guess not)
    - hence the question, as stated above, where can I find setting on an article that would exclude that article from the search
    - how can I exclude other aspects of the site from searching (like every single instance of filename with "music" in them)?

It seems I may miss out on how to fine tune the search engine. Now it finds EVERYTHING, instead what I want to be found.

In essence, what I would like to see is how to setup searching so that ONLY the published content will be searched for, meaning any old content that have been either deleted or got unpublished would not be searched for.

Thanks for your kind help in advance.

NOTE: I did find the solution for the search problem. One needs to purge Search Index and then Rebuld the Search Index. Is this the solution to eradicate unvated content, too? Is purging data safe?

User

Default Re: Search --- how to exclude (deleted) content?

Quote Originally Posted by doctor
    NOTE: I did find the solution for the search problem. One needs to purge Search Index and then Rebuld the Search Index. Is this the solution to eradicate unvated content, too? Is purging data safe?
    Yes and yes
    Consulenza Contao CMS https://www.intco.it

New user

Thanks.

Experienced user

- where can I find some setting to EXCLUDE a page from indexing and in fact searching?
    In Site Structure for each page is Search Settings::Do Not Search

On an article level, I think you could include a custom html article before and after the article(s) with
    and