Thread: Article teaser, can it link to page instead?

New user

Default Article teaser, can it link to page instead?

A little confused, here's my set up.

Let's say I have a page, alias myPage, accessible with mySite.com/myPage.html

I cannot create teaser for a page, so I have to create one for the article inside that page. Let's call it myArt.html

When showing the teaser, it would create a link that looks like this

web.com/myPage/articles/myArt.html

The red link and blue link would give me almost identical page, except there's a "back" link with the latter.

Is there anyway I can get the teaser to use the red link instead of the blue link? I tried
    $this->articleHref
    and
    $this->href
    both point to the same blue path

Default Re: Article teaser, can it link to page instead?

The red link and blue link would give me almost identical page
    Then why would you need a teaser? Why don't you make a simple content element out this teaser text.

If you want a teaser text (which, when click, should display more text) on the same page (without changing the URI), I think you should resolve to javascript solution.
    OM MANI PEME HUNG! how many has to die for freedom and dignity. Save this world

New user

Default Re: Article teaser, can it link to page instead?

What I'm trying to do is to have an "instructor list" page, the list should show a little intro with thumbnails, and link to the instructor's pages. Each instructor has their own separate pages. I'm trying to set it up so I don't have to HTML each of them manually :O And for each one to be re-useable on other pages too. Thought making it a teaser would save a lot of time.

I kinda get it done by removing the links from the template and add links manually in the teaser text instead. Still curious to find a better way. The thumbnails is set using teaser images