Thread: Catalog item and calendar events

New user

Default Catalog item and calendar events

Hi everyone,
    I have a list of training seminars, presented as catalog items (catalog extension) in frondend. For each training seminar there are events created in calendar, for some classes multiple events take place during the year. Basically , the catalog items will not change, events will be dynamic and can be added or deleted.
    Is there any way to connect and display catalog item and its "dependent" events on the same page? I was thinking about using catalog reader and event list on one page. But I am not able to filter the event for particular catalog item. Is it possible to filter event list according to current catalog item? Should I use Tags extensions or modify the event list template?

Thanks in advance
    Ivo

Default Re: Catalog item and calendar events

Hi ivang,
    i don't know if i get it right... but i'll try it:

I think you can make it with an tags ore an select from an catalog Item to the calendar. Make a new Field with this fieldtype and select the calendar column in the DB.
    In the Catalog-List you can choose this field as show. Than you should have what you need. With a little bit of templating you should be able to make what you wan't to.

regards

PS: there is a better place for catalog questions -> viewforum.php?f=27
    Mediendepot Ruhr
    For real-time chat the (inofficial) Chatroom in IRC:
    -> irc.freenode.net #contao | irc.freenode.net #contao.de

New user

Hello MacKP,

thanks for advice, I tried to use SELECT as catalog field type. It works, but it shows just one Calendar event. For other events I have to create another fields. This is not solution in my case, because the number of Events can change over the time and I may need 1 or 10 SELECT fields in catalog.
    So far I have tried to use Tag Extension. It will be excellent if the Filter Tag field in Event LIst module evaluates the insert tags (e.g. catalog tag - {{catalog::FieldName}} ), but it does not. This should be clean solution without any extra templating or developing. I have asked in Tags extension support if it is possible but no answer yet.

Best Begards

IvanG

Erm.. i talked about the Fieldtype Tags not the extra Module. It's like the Select Type in the Catalog, but you can choose more than one Event with it.

regards
    Mediendepot Ruhr
    For real-time chat the (inofficial) Chatroom in IRC:
    -> irc.freenode.net #contao | irc.freenode.net #contao.de

New user

Ok, now I understand what you were talking about. But it is not what I am trying to do, because I have to manually edit each catalog item and set the list of events for it. I would prefer automatic way for displaying events with current catalog item. I think this is very specific situation and I try figure out it on my own. Thanks a lot for time you spent helping to me.

regards