Thread: PHLIST newsletter integration?

Experienced user

Default PHLIST newsletter integration?

My client wants to keep using PHPList as it provides features not found in the Newsletter module.

Anyone done some type of bridge for subscription?

Ideally we could add features like email read tracking to see who opened a newsletter, link tracking to see who and how many times a link has been clicked and bounce tracking to check emails and remove then automatically with a note for the recipient. I have libraries for bounce tracking and we can use a invisible image auto inserted to track reads and link tracking shouldn't be too hard, but it's a lot of effort, testing.

Just using am existing system with reports and graphs seems easier.

Experienced user

Default Re: PHLIST newsletter integration?

So you are asking for an existing system that can bridge PHPList? I don't know any.

Avisota, a German newsletter system, provides bounce tracking, or will starting version 1.5. Perhaps you could consider that one as well? I'm completely unsure about the other features though... It is translated to English, not sure about Afrikaans.

http://www.contao.org/extension-list/view/Avisota.html

Experienced user

Default Re: PHLIST newsletter integration?

LOL. No-one in South Africa uses software in Afrikaans, and if they do they are working at the Lanuage Institute at an Afrikaans University (which doesn't exist anymore).

PHP List is far more advanced than the built-in Newsletter system, in fact PHP List does what many providers tell you, you have to pay for, when you don't. That's why PHP List is great, it's free, free to send e-mails and you can control every aspect. Just integration with Contao would be nice.

Looks like I'll have to do it myself then.