Thread: Litghbox / slimbox stopped working firefox 4 & Chrome

User

Default Litghbox / slimbox stopped working firefox 4 & Chrome

Lightbox used to work fine.
    but suddenly only the background transparency comes up and a small bit of the white background. That's it.

It is only displaying this behaviour in Firefox 4 (former version worked fine) and Chrome. Safari and Explorer are working like they used to.

I have tried it with fe_page.tpl, but also without luck. nothing changes.

Anybody else maybe encountered this problem?

For example: http://www.veiligaanzee.be/fotoalbum...omer-2010.html

Default Re: Litghbox / slimbox stopped working firefox 4 & Chrome

Known issue. Just update your TYPOlight installation or use a recent version of the MooTools framework.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Maybe a bit of a silly question, but if I want to use a current version of the mootools framework, how do I update it?

Can i just overwrite plugins/mootools with recent files?
    (same for plugins/slimbox, mediabox etc)

Updating to a recent version of typlight is not always an option, sometimes it is just to time consuming because of changes in layout and functionality after updating.

Thanks a lot for your help....

New user

I have the same problem in more then 1 Contao installation. Does anybody know what might be the problem? Just updated slimbox and mootools, but that doesn't resolved the problem.

Thank,

jorian

Experienced user

I'm having this same issue (where slimbox dims the page, the white frame starts to slide open but gets hung and never loads the image), as seen here: http://www.visualoutdoor.com/billboard/items/1001.html. I uploaded the latest mootools and slimbox but it didn't resolve things.

I'd prefer to not update the installation at this time. Any suggestions on what to do?

Experienced user

I'm having this same issue (where slimbox dims the page, the white frame starts to slide open but gets hung and never loads the image), as seen here: http://www.visualoutdoor.com/billboard/items/1001.html. I uploaded the latest mootools and slimbox but it didn't resolve things.

I'd prefer to not update the installation at this time. Any suggestions on what to do?

User

There is really nobody who has an idea? I can't believe Ben and I are the only ones with this problem.

All my older sites have this problem. The lightbox won't completely open in firefox and chrome.
    Is there a quick fix perhaps? Without me having to plan a workweek updating old sites.

New user

Nobody??

Experienced user

I see a JavaScript error in Firebug.

"Can't convert undefined to object".

Somewhere, somehow, during the animation Slimbox is passing an undefined object to MooTools. This could either be a bug in Slimbox or a bug in Contao's implementation of it.

I wish I could be more help than that.

In the meantime try using Mediabox instead.
    Brian

The only way i know to have the lightbox back again is to make an update from Contao. The newer Versions has new Mootools and there is everything fine.

regards
    Mediendepot Ruhr
    For real-time chat the (inofficial) Chatroom in IRC:
    -> irc.freenode.net #contao | irc.freenode.net #contao.de

Experienced user

Quote Originally Posted by Ben

Did you use the mootools and slimbox as they come with the newest Contao version, or as they come from the original authors?

Experienced user

I grabbed it from Contao 2.9.5.

New user

Quote Originally Posted by lostrisq
    … Updating to a recent version of typlight is not always an option, sometimes it is just to time consuming because of changes in layout and functionality after updating. …
    Same for me, but it looks like i have solved this problem.

1. Download the slimbox version 1.8 for Mootools 1.3 which you get here http://www.digitalia.be/software/slimbox#download. Unzip.
    2. Rename the slimbox.js for backup on your Typolight/Contao installation > /plugins/slimbox/js/slimbox_backup.js
    3. Rename the mootools.js for backup on your Typolight/Contao installation > /plugins/mootools/mootools_backup.js
    4. Copy the files slimbox.js and mootools.js from slimbox-1.8/js to the right folder on your Typolight/Contao installation.
    5. Test it. Undo if you got problems - It´s works fine for me :D , but as usual - there is no garantee and you do it on your own risk. Because i have no idea, whether this is doing strange things on other functions of mootools …

Regards. ralp