Thread: Is there a News Feed or RSS Template?

User

Default Is there a News Feed or RSS Template?

Does anyone know if there is a template file to edit for creating the RSS Feeds in the news module? I've attached an image of the RSS Feed options in the news module and there are two options you can choose:

- News teasers
    - Full articles

Where is the code that creates these?

When we have "full articles" chosen, we noticed the news Image element doesn't show in the feed. It will only show the information in the tinyMCE. We'd like to add this so the image element works as well.

We've also ran into a few special cases where we wanted to put the teaser and the full news together.

Any help would be appreciated.

User

Default Re: Is there a News Feed or RSS Template?

Hello,

there is no template for this.

The decision which text to use is in file system/modules/news/News.php, line 141:

Code:
    $strDescription = ($arrArchive['source'] == 'source_text') ? $objArticle->text : $objArticle->teaser;
    The code which generates the feed is found in system/libraries/Feed.php for RSS and Atom feeds.

You will need some core changes by Leo or an extension for your changes. It depends if the make sense for the core or not.

Jan
    Free support only here in the forum.
    Please report bugs for my extensions using http://www.contao-forge.org. Thanks!
    Requests for Contao support and development please send mail to jan@theofel.de

User

Default Re: Is there a News Feed or RSS Template?

Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look and see if this should be put in as a feature request.