Thread: US States list shows foreign country states?

User

Default US States list shows foreign country states?

Okay, I'm setting up my first isotope ecommerce site for a new client with a micro business. Should be a good fit for her limited product line.

Just doing some setup testing and when I go to checkout, the "State" field is populated with a foreign language and states from countries other than the USA even though the cart and company information is US based.

There doesn't seem to be any interface to update the list of states etc. against the country code. Anybody have an idea where this is hidden in isotope?

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

User

Default Re: US States list shows foreign country states?

Okay, got it figured out.

The file is the curiously misnamed:

system/modules/isotope/languages/en/subdivisions.php

I guess "subdivisions" = "State" in the isotope checkout Address module. It's got about 3600 lines of country and state codes. I backed up the file and deleted everything except the US and Canada. Washington, DC listed as "District of Columbia" was in the W's area instead in the "D's" area on the list, so I moved its line up in the US state list to be more intuitive.

I've been working with Squirrelcart for six years now and this is handled much more smoothly in that package. You can select with check boxes which countries to offer address or shipping to, and the individual state lists are attached when the country check box is clicked. This might be better handled with some sort of conditional select menu in a future release of isotope.

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA