Thread: Extension version

New user

Default Extension version

Hi everybody

I'm looking for a possibility to get the version from an extension, which was not installed via the extension repository. A lot of our extensions are installed this way. Is there a way to put the current version number into the extension itself? Our goal would be to create a new extension which lists all the installed extensions (via the extension repository OR manually installed) and their release numbers.

As far as I could see the "package.xml" file is the only place where the version number is written. However this file normally is not copied into the extension folder of the Contao installation...

Any good ideas for this issue?

Thanks in advance.

User

Default Re: Extension version

Hello,

if the developers won't add the version number manually I guess there is no other place to find it. And as they can place it anywhere inside the comments you can't parse for that.

But why do you want to create an extension to list them. If you use the Contao repository all version numbers get listed anyway and usually there is no reason not to use it.

Jan
    Free support only here in the forum.
    Please report bugs for my extensions using http://www.contao-forge.org. Thanks!
    Requests for Contao support and development please send mail to jan@theofel.de

New user

Thanks for the reply. The reason why we're looking for another solution than the extension-repository is that we're using SVN for code versioning. Therefore we install/update the extensions manually by copying the files and update the database.

User

Hello,

I guess the SVN way is only for your own extensions? Or do you setup an SVN for all extensions? I ask because you might use my SVN if you know it but you would get development releases which do not fully work...

If you are only using it for your own extensions you might add your own version file to your SVN and use that file for your new extension. But that will only work for your case and not for anyone else.

Jan
    Free support only here in the forum.
    Please report bugs for my extensions using http://www.contao-forge.org. Thanks!
    Requests for Contao support and development please send mail to jan@theofel.de