Thread: Error with Helpdesk during upgrade from 2.10.4 to 2.11.0

User

Default Error with Helpdesk during upgrade from 2.10.4 to 2.11.0

I posted this on another Topic thread, but it probably needs to be in this Forum.

Okay, trying to upgrade this morning from Contao 2.10.4 to Contao 2.11.0 and I've immediately come across a failure as soon as I start the upgrade. It looks like I'm going to have to roll back the upgrade and uninstall (?) the helpdesk module. Anybody else running across this? It won't let me login to the backend to delete the module.

Code:
    Warning: Missing argument 2 for HelpdeskTheme::image(), called in /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/modules/helpdesk/config/config.php on line 25 and defined in /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/modules/helpdesk/HelpdeskTheme.php on line 25

#0 /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/modules/helpdesk/HelpdeskTheme.php(25): __error(2, 'Missing argumen...', '/home/pellabu2/...', 25, Array)
    #1 /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/modules/helpdesk/config/config.php(25): HelpdeskTheme::image('helpdesk16')
    #2 /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/libraries/Config.php(155): include('/home/pellabu2/...')
    #3 /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/libraries/Config.php(125): Config->initialize()
    #4 /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/initialize.php(74): Config::getInstance()
    #5 /home/pellabu2/public_html/contao/index.php(36): require_once('/home/pellabu2/...')
    #6 {main}
    Code:
    Warning: Missing argument 2 for HelpdeskTheme::image(), called in /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/modules/helpdesk/config/config.php on line 30 and defined in /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/modules/helpdesk/HelpdeskTheme.php on line 25

#0 /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/modules/helpdesk/HelpdeskTheme.php(25): __error(2, 'Missing argumen...', '/home/pellabu2/...', 25, Array)
    #1 /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/modules/helpdesk/config/config.php(30): HelpdeskTheme::image('structure16')
    #2 /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/libraries/Config.php(155): include('/home/pellabu2/...')
    #3 /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/libraries/Config.php(125): Config->initialize()
    #5 /home/pellabu2/public_html/contao/index.php(36): require_once('/home/pellabu2/...')
    #6 {main}
    Code:
    Warning: Missing argument 2 for HelpdeskTheme::image(), called in /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/modules/helpdesk/config/config.php on line 35 and defined in /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/modules/helpdesk/HelpdeskTheme.php on line 25

#1 /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/modules/helpdesk/config/config.php(35): HelpdeskTheme::image('settings16')
    #6 {main}
    Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

User

Default Re: Identified Workaround for this error

I found a suggestion from Ruud elsewhere on the forum to get through this:

I manually deleted the folder for the Helpdesk at

Code:
    system/modules/helpdesk
    and then ran the install tool again and was able to complete the upgrade to Contao 2.11.0. The only extension this morning that has an approved update for 2.11.0 is "Imageslider" (good job there!). I think I'll hold off on reinstalling helpdesk until the development team gets this sorted out.

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

User

Default Re: Error with Helpdesk during upgrade from 2.10.4 to 2.11.0

Note to the mods: Im posting here again, but you should delete the post in the newbie section

You can get the helpdesk Extension 1.3.1 to work for Contao 2.11 pretty easy.
    There is no need to delete the whole extension! But change it before you update.

Just replace the config.php in system/modules/helpdesk/config/ with this:

Code:
    <?php if (!defined('TL_ROOT')) die('You can not access this file directly!');
    /**
     * Contao Helpdesk :: Configuration file
     * NOTE: this file was edited with tabs set to 4.
     * @package Helpdesk
     * @copyright Copyright (C) 2007, 2008 by Peter Koch, IBK Software AG
     * @license See accompaning file LICENSE.txt
     */

/**
     * CONTENT ELEMENTS
     */
    array_insert($GLOBALS['TL_CTE']['includes'], 0, array(
        'helpdesk_comments'        => 'HelpdeskComments'
    ));

/**
     * BACK END MODULES
     */
    array_insert($GLOBALS['BE_MOD'], 0, array(
        'helpdesk' => array(
            'helpdesk_discuss' => array(
                'callback'        =>    'HelpdeskBackendModule',
                'icon'           =>     'system/modules/helpdesk/themes/default/images/helpdesk16.png',
                'stylesheet'     =>     'system/modules/helpdesk/themes/default/frontend.css'            
            ),
            'helpdesk_structure' => array(
                'tables'        =>    array('tl_helpdesk_categories'),
                'icon'           =>     'system/modules/helpdesk/themes/default/images/structure16.png',
                'stylesheet'     =>     'system/modules/helpdesk/themes/default/backend.css'            
            ),
            'helpdesk_settings' => array(
                'tables'        =>    array('tl_helpdesk_settings'),
                'icon'           =>     'system/modules/helpdesk/themes/default/images/settings16.gif',
                'stylesheet'     =>     'system/modules/helpdesk/themes/default/backend.css'                
            )
        )
    ));

/**
     * FRONT END MODULES
     */
    $GLOBALS['FE_MOD']['application'] += array('helpdesktitle' => 'HelpdeskFrontendTitle');
    $GLOBALS['FE_MOD']['application'] += array('helpdesk' => 'HelpdeskFrontendModule');

/**
     * HOOKS
     */
    $GLOBALS['TL_HOOKS'][(VERSION=='2.5' && (int)BUILD<10) ? 'outputTemplate' : 'outputFrontendTemplate'][] = array('HelpdeskTags', 'replaceTags');
    $GLOBALS['TL_HOOKS']['getSearchablePages'][] = array('HelpdeskFrontend', 'getSearchablePages');

?>

User

No joy, that did not work either. I replaced the file you suggested, and when I went to run the install tool, these two errors appeared above the login window for the install tool:

Code:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/modules/helpdesk/config/config.php:1) in /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/libraries/Template.php on line 285

#0 [internal function]: __error(2, 'Cannot modify h...', '/home/pellabu2/...', 285, Array)
    #1 /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/libraries/Template.php(285): header('Vary: User-Agen...', false)
    #2 /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/modules/backend/BackendTemplate.php(161): Template->output()
    #3 /home/pellabu2/public_html/contao/install.php(940): BackendTemplate->output()
    #4 /home/pellabu2/public_html/contao/install.php(276): InstallTool->outputAndExit()
    #5 /home/pellabu2/public_html/contao/install.php(950): InstallTool->run()
    #6 {main}
    Code:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/modules/helpdesk/config/config.php:1) in /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/libraries/Template.php on line 286

#0 [internal function]: __error(2, 'Cannot modify h...', '/home/pellabu2/...', 286, Array)
    #1 /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/libraries/Template.php(286): header('Content-Type: t...')
    #2 /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/modules/backend/BackendTemplate.php(161): Template->output()
    #3 /home/pellabu2/public_html/contao/install.php(940): BackendTemplate->output()
    #4 /home/pellabu2/public_html/contao/install.php(276): InstallTool->outputAndExit()
    #5 /home/pellabu2/public_html/contao/install.php(950): InstallTool->run()
    #6 {main}
    I went to the install tool window which appeared below those two errors, and once I started the install tool, this final error appeared:

Code:
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/modules/helpdesk/config/config.php:1) in /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/libraries/System.php on line 713

#0 [internal function]: __error(2, 'Cannot modify h...', '/home/pellabu2/...', 713, Array)
    #1 /home/pellabu2/public_html/system/libraries/System.php(713): setcookie('TL_INSTALL_AUTH', '2c5e18e2caa8246...', 1329419670, '/~pellabu2', '', false)
    #2 /home/pellabu2/public_html/contao/install.php(918): System->setCookie('TL_INSTALL_AUTH', '2c5e18e2caa8246...', 1329419670, '/~pellabu2')
    #3 /home/pellabu2/public_html/contao/install.php(256): InstallTool->setAuthCookie()
    #4 /home/pellabu2/public_html/contao/install.php(950): InstallTool->run()
    #5 {main}
    Once this appears, there is no way to login to the back end of Contao and I'm forced to manually delete the extension folder from the system/modules folder.

I was able to delete the package again from the site by deleting the folder, then logging in and clicking on "Delete" helpdesk from the extension list, after it updated and delted any remaining folders and files, I ran the install tool one more time without error.

I'm using a Linux Apache server, PHP 5.x, MySQL 4.3+ and Contao 2.11.0 is running properly with multiple extensions installed that are NOT having this kind of problem, although all but one show "not approved for Contao 2.11.0".

Keep at it, you'll get it fixed I'm sure, but IMHO I think you're going to have to do some further testing on the extension to get it ready for Contao 2.11.0 .

Right now I think that if anyone is using helpdesk, they should uninstalll the extension before upgrading to Contao 2.11.0 and wait for the updated release of helpdesk that will actually install and work properly in 2.11.0. Hope this isn't going to be a trend with all the other extensions I use in Contao!

Best wishes, Ernest McDermon

User

There is a new update for helpdesk available, please try it again.

User

Default SOLVED: Error with Helpdesk during upgrade from 2.10.4 to 2.

You rock!

Worked like a charm, the new helpdesk update installed smoothly and the helpdesk seems fully functional in 2.11.0. I'll update the helpdesk extension before I upgrade another site to 2.11.0.

Thanks!

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA