Thread: Configure Google Analytics Site Search

User

Default Configure Google Analytics Site Search

I'm working with Google Analytics on a new website and want to see if anyone has any experience configuring a Contao Site Search module to have its results appear in Google Analytics' Site Search area?

The site is http://www.permatreat.com/ and there is a simple "Site Search" field in the right hand column.

I've followed the Google Analytics instructions for enabling the Site Search function, and there is a block in the Site Profile for "Query Parameter" . The simple search field that I have set up uses a field name of "keywords" and the advanced search is using "keyword".

Is this what Google is looking for in the search parameters for the Analytics Site Search feature, or is there some other code that must be entered?

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

Default Re: Configure Google Analytics Site Search

Quote Originally Posted by ernestmcd
    Is this what Google is looking for in the search parameters for the Analytics Site Search feature
    Yes, "keywords" is the right parameter.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Default Re: Configure Google Analytics Site Search

Thanks for the comeback! It seems to be working.

I added in "keyword,keywords" for the search settings and voila(!), late this afternoon I see a visitor in Analytics who used the Contao site search function. The visitor looked at the Google Locations map that I created in Contao and did a search for PermaTreat locations near "Midlothian" (Virginia) with a radius of 30 miles.

Very interesting...

I went ahead and also added the terms from the locations form "search,cm_location,cm_max_dist" and will watch this area of Google Analytics for the next week or so to see what kind of results it generates.

I certainly appreciate the quick response and the suggestion!

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA