Thread: Invalid password when trying to install

New user

Default Invalid password when trying to install

Hi all!

I just downloaded Contao core, version 2.9.5 and upload files with ftp and when i want to install and type password like it says in How to Install - pw = typolight, i receive warning Invalid password! I haven't installed contao before, this is my first installation. I set in system/config/localconfig.php $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['displayErrors'] = true; and i receive those errors..

Code:
    #0 /home/denisveg/domains/d3nnnis.com/public_html/beta/system/libraries/Database.php(136): Database->__construct()
    #1 [internal function]: Database::getInstance()
    #2 /home/denisveg/domains/d3nnnis.com/public_html/beta/system/libraries/System.php(147): call_user_func(Array)
    #3 /home/denisveg/domains/d3nnnis.com/public_html/beta/system/libraries/Model.php(86): System->import('Database')
    #4 /home/denisveg/domains/d3nnnis.com/public_html/beta/system/modules/backend/BackendUser.php(73): Model->__construct()
    #5 /home/denisveg/domains/d3nnnis.com/public_html/beta/system/modules/backend/BackendUser.php(158): BackendUser->__construct()
    #6 [internal function]: BackendUser::getInstance()
    #7 /home/denisveg/domains/d3nnnis.com/public_html/beta/system/libraries/System.php(147): call_user_func(Array)
    #8 /home/denisveg/domains/d3nnnis.com/public_html/beta/contao/index.php(61): System->import('BackendUser', 'User')
    #9 /home/denisveg/domains/d3nnnis.com/public_html/beta/contao/index.php(145): Index->__construct()
    #10 {main}

New user

Default Re: Invalid password when trying to install

Solved!

Admin can close or delete topic!

User

i guess people need to replace this with a new SHA1 hash when they have forgotten the installation password?
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['installPassword'] = 'EnterNewHashHere';

this page has 1 random hash for you:
    https://contao.org/en/faq/i-have-los...-password.html

No, above topic regards to an old Contao 2.9.5 version.

Now in Contao simply deactivate this line in /system/config/localconfig.php by adding a "#".
    PHP Code:
    // this
    $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['installPassword'] = 'youroldcrypticpassword';
    // to that
    #$GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['installPassword'] = 'youroldcrypticpassword'; 
    Now installtool asks for a new password.

The link you offered regards to a password of a backend admin user.
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist