Thread: Fatal error:

New user

Default Fatal error:

Hi all, I am new to CMS. I have uploaded Contao to my server but when I goto /cms I get the following error:

Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Could not connect to database (Access denied for user 'custo144'@'localhost' (using password: NO)) thrown in /home/custo144/public_html/cms/system/libraries/Database.php on line 78
    #0 /home/custo144/public_html/cms/system/libraries/Database.php(136): Database->__construct()
    #1 /home/custo144/public_html/cms/system/libraries/System.php(147): Database::getInstance()
    #2 /home/custo144/public_html/cms/system/libraries/Model.php(86): System->import(Array)
    #3 /home/custo144/public_html/cms/system/modules/frontend/FrontendUser.php(91): Model->__construct('Database')
    #4 /home/custo144/public_html/cms/system/modules/frontend/FrontendUser.php(173): FrontendUser->__construct()
    #5 /home/custo144/public_html/cms/system/libraries/System.php(147): FrontendUser::getInstance()
    #6 /home/custo144/public_html/cms/index.php(59): System->import()
    #7 /home/custo144/public_html/cms/index.php(332): Index->__construct(Array)
    #8 {main}

I have noticed that the username:custo144 is not the one for the mysql and I could not find how to change it. any help would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
    Jamie

User

Default Re: Fatal error:

Hello,

did you run the install tool? If no, just call /cms/contao/install.php and follow the instructions. It will ask you for the database connection too.

After using the install tool you can call it again to change database settings or you can manually edit the file system/config/localconfig.php.

Jan
    Free support only here in the forum.
    Please report bugs for my extensions using http://www.contao-forge.org. Thanks!
    Requests for Contao support and development please send mail to jan@theofel.de

New user

Default Re: Fatal error:

Thank you for your reply Jan, I have managed to get to the install screen, changed the password and created an encrypted password, but when I enter the database details i get this message:

Check database connection
    Could not connect to database!