Thread: Frontend Editing - two issues

User

Default Frontend Editing - two issues

I'm experimenting for the first time with this functionality and I can see it being very useful assuming I can overcome a couple of hurdles. Two issues that I cannot find any answers on:

1. Is it possible to edit File type fields in the front-end the same as the back-end? For example, in the BE, the user can browse the directory tree for files to use in the file field. In the FE, I have a browse button, but it only allows you to upload local files and doesn't allow you to choose an existing file.

2. Can you customize the FE template so that it lays out the fields in a different fashion? Looking at the catalog_edit.tpl file, it has a simple "<?php echo $this->field; ?>" that generates the Table cell, the Field Label, and the field in one go. Might be nice to be able to change this around a bit.

Thank you

Default Re: Frontend Editing - two issues

Hi harley77,
    1. this is not working at the Moment.. don't know when it comes, because it's the frontend.. and the way you would have is only possible in the backend (as i know).
    2. Yeah, this is not realy nice, the FE-Edit is at the Moment only a quick and dirty thing... so you have to figure out for your own how to do that (maybe with an own extension for that...).

regards
    Mediendepot Ruhr
    For real-time chat the (inofficial) Chatroom in IRC:
    -> irc.freenode.net #contao | irc.freenode.net #contao.de

User

Default Re: Frontend Editing - two issues

Thank you MackP, That saves me the time of continuing to look. The FE Editor can still be very useful, just not quite as useful as it could have been :-).

Thanks again.