Thread: Clean Instal

New user

Default Clean Instal

I am new to Contao and am impressed with its versatility but I am struggling to work out the sequence of working. I do not have a clean install because it has the musical academy website structure.

How do I create a clean and empty structure, so that I can start from scratch?

New user

Default Re: Clean Instal

First empty the database. Then go back to the install tool where you can recreate the database structure when needed but don't import the music_academy.sql template. Good luck.

Experienced user

Default Re: Clean Instal

Quote Originally Posted by PA1Y
    First empty the database. Then go back to the install tool where you can recreate the database structure when needed but don't import the music_academy.sql template. Good luck.
    Indeed, with an empty database you can just follow all steps of the install tool except importing the music academy.

After that:
    1. Log in as admin[/*:m:g7rx0nif]
    2. Under themes; create a layout (set as default)[/*:m:g7rx0nif]
    3. Under site structure; create a root page (set as fallback language)[/*:m:g7rx0nif]
    4. Under site structure; create a page inside the root page[/*:m:g7rx0nif]

If I'm not mistaken, that should show you a white page. That's a clean install that functions as well....
    From there you can start adding modules to your layout and content to your modules and articles.