Thread: [solved]how to link a news article in the site structure

New user

Default [solved]how to link a news article in the site structure

Hello,

For a test if the news module can do a job for me I made a news article.
    After that I made a entry on the site structure named test-news.

But if I click on that link the news article is not being displayed.

What did I do wrong here ?

Roelof

New user

Default Re: how to link a news article in the site structure

hello,

I found this tutorial :
    Code:
    It has been almost 2 year since Mark's last post. Well I thought of sharing my experience and ways of achieving the goal of setting up news module. Please Mark, I beg your pardon, for I'm continuing on your thread.

1. Create a news archive [in News]. You can add news [ new article ] now or later, but would have to come back to set the 'jump to page'. This 'jump to page' will include a new reader module, which we'll set up now.

2. Create a new module [in Modules]. Select the module type of 'Newsreader'. Make sure you select the news archive that you created in step 1. Also choose a template to display your news articles, probably 'news_full'.

3. Create a new module [in Modules]. This time, select module type of 'Newslist'. Again make sure you select the news archive that you have created in step 1. Choose a template to display your news articles in a short form, may be 'news_short'. Publish the page

4. Create a page [in Site Structure], This will be used to display our news articles, and it will contain Newsreader module later. May be, you can hide it from navigation menu, by checking 'Hide page from navigation'. Publish the page

5. Create another page, [in Site Structure], This will be used to displays a list of news. thats why it'll include Newslist module. Make it show in navigation.

6. Go to [ Articles ], Add a new Article to both pages created in Step 4. & Step 5. include a new element of type module, 'Newsreader' module and 'Newslist' module respectively.

7. If you haven't added news article in 'news archive' created in Step 1. Now add news articles and 'Edited the header of this archive' by clicking the only Pen icon at the top, We will set the 'jump to page' to the page created in Step 4. (which include Newsreader moldule).

8. Thats it, now from the navigation click the page you created in Step 5. It'll show a list of news in short. Click any of news heading or read more. you'll see the new is full (which is actually the page you created in Step 4. with a single news).
    Now the short list is shown but no full list.
    See contao.tamarawobben.nl

Anyone a idea what I have missed.

Roelof

New user

hi

If I understand you correctly..
    1. in Site structure create page, as example: News and place an Newslist module on this page
    2. also, you have to create a new one page, for example News reader and place Newsreader module
    3. go to News section in Backend and edit settings for your News archive. Choose News reader page in Jump to page option.

New user

I did these steps :

1. Create a news archive [in News]. You can add news [ new article ] now or later, but would have to come back to set the 'jump to page'. This 'jump to page' will include a new reader module, which we'll set up now.

I named the archive news

2. Create a new module [in Modules]. Select the module type of 'Newsreader'. Make sure you select the news archive that you created in step 1. Also choose a template to display your news articles, probably 'news_full'.

I just made a module called newsreader and select news and news-template full_news

3. Create a new module [in Modules]. This time, select module type of 'Newslist'. Again make sure you select the news archive that you have created in step 1. Choose a template to display your news articles in a short form, may be 'news_short'. Publish the page

O just made a module called newlist and select news and as news-template I choose news_short

4. Create a page [in Site Structure], This will be used to display our news articles, and it will contain Newsreader module later. May be, you can hide it from navigation menu, by checking 'Hide page from navigation'. Publish the page

I made a page called newspage

5. Create another page, [in Site Structure], This will be used to displays a list of news. thats why it'll include Newslist module. Make it show in navigation.

I also made a page called newlist and checked publish page

6. Go to [ Articles ], Add a new Article to both pages created in Step 4. & Step 5. include a new element of type module, 'Newsreader' module and 'Newslist' module respectively.

I made a article and include newsreader and newlist module

7. If you haven't added news article in 'news archive' created in Step 1. Now add news articles and 'Edited the header of this archive' by clicking the only Pen icon at the top, We will set the 'jump to page' to the page created in Step 4. (which include Newsreader moldule).

I addded two news articles with both these settings : Redirect target Article and then choose newlist as redirect

8. Thats it, now from the navigation click the page you created in Step 5. It'll show a list of news in short. Click any of news heading or read more. you'll see the new is full (which is actually the page you created in Step 4. with a single news).

Here you can see that it's not working : http://contao.tamarawobben.nl

Thanks for the help.

Roelof

Experienced user

Can you add a navigation module to the left column, just so I'm not confused what I am looking at?

It seems you try to create a structure that is not as the example? You say you added the list and the reader to the same article. But did the mlist module jump to the reader page or the list page? Easy to confuse these things at first.

For me goes: 99.9% of the time if it is not working it was a simple setting that I missed, got wrong or whatever. It is never that it is too complicated to setup or a fault with contao. So I'm guessing we are looking for that easy setting you may have gotten wrong here as well!

New user

Hello,

This one is also be found.
    I did put both the newsreader and the newlist module on one page.

Roelof