Thread: Creating a tagfield in catalog backend

New user

Default Creating a tagfield in catalog backend

We want to use the tags extension for creating a tag field in the catalog in a standard way. In the backend there should be a text input field that takes comma-separated tags and stores them in the tags-infrastructure. From this tag content we want to create a tag cloud in the front end.

The standard way of implementing a tag field in a datacontainer as defined in http://de.contaowiki.org/Tags does not work.
    There is a catalog_tags extension, but that consists just of a xml file without anything else.

Are we missing something? Has anybody been able to do what we are trying to implement?

Your feedback is appreciated.

Reinhard

Default Re: Creating a tagfield in catalog backend

Hi webteam,
    the tags-Extension is not made for working with the catalog. You will have to make an Extension for the Extension ;-)

The catalog normaly used taxonomie for that. What you will have to do there is a little work for counting at the tags than...

regards
    Mediendepot Ruhr
    For real-time chat the (inofficial) Chatroom in IRC:
    -> irc.freenode.net #contao | irc.freenode.net #contao.de

New user

Quote Originally Posted by MacKP
    Hi webteam,
    the tags-Extension is not made for working with the catalog. You will have to make an Extension for the Extension ;-)

The catalog normaly used taxonomie for that. What you will have to do there is a little work for counting at the tags than...

regards
    Hello MacKP,

At the first thank for your quick reply.
    I have seen that you had also discussed in another thread about tag feature for catalog http://www.contao-community.de/showthre ... Cr-Katalog. Do you use a input field on the backend page to input tag values?

Because we don't want to use a preset checkbox lists of tags on the backend, we would like to use a input field with comma-separeated tag values.

Should we define a custom module for our request? Maybe can you give us more suggestions?

Thank you very much

Regards
    Webteam

When you don't want an List (Tags ore Select) you will have to make your own Extension. You could do that with a text-Field.. but that would be the bad way I think.
    I'm no developer.. so I can't give a hint what you must do for that.

regards
    Mediendepot Ruhr
    For real-time chat the (inofficial) Chatroom in IRC:
    -> irc.freenode.net #contao | irc.freenode.net #contao.de