Thread: [SOLVED] Upgrade made my header and footer dissapear

New user

Default [SOLVED] Upgrade made my header and footer dissapear

Hi community

I have just upgraded my old installation of Contao 2.8.1 to first 2.10 and then 2.10.1. (The 2.10 to 2.10.1 upgrade was done because the system check file did not validate the files, and I downloaded the 2.10 yesterday, when 2.10.1 was not released.)

My problem is, that my site; as seen on snoeren.dk_withoutFooterAndHeader.png, is missing the header and footer elements. I have no idea of how to get them back. The site is supposed to look like: snoeren.dk_googleCache.png. My template file fe_snoeren.tpl contains this: http://pastebin.com/WgJj0EgD.

I would appreciate if anyone have any idea of how to fix my site?

User

Default Re: Upgrade of Contao made my header and fotter dissapear

Hello,

one thing which you have to change obviously is the Google-Analytics-Tracking. This has been removed from the Contao core like it was in Version 2.8. You have either to use the moo_analytics-Template or you can install the googleanalytics extension.

I would transfer your changes (which seems to be very little, I don't have the 2.8 template in my mind) to the new fe_page.xhtml template and use the new one.

Jan
    Free support only here in the forum.
    Please report bugs for my extensions using http://www.contao-forge.org. Thanks!
    Requests for Contao support and development please send mail to jan@theofel.de

Hi,

in addition to Jan's recommendation to update the page template accordingly, you should check under "Themes" -> "Page layouts" -> "Default page layout" if there are explicitly set the two options "Add page header" and "Add page footer"!
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

@xchs: Thank you, that was exactly the one thing I was missing regarding the header and footer.

@jan.theofel: I have now removed the google analytis from the page template. I installed the googleanalytics extension, but I am having a hard time to figure out how or even where to configure it. If I were going to use the moo_analytics template, how should I be doing that? I don't quite understand this moo tools thing, though it seems simple.

If I were (wich I actually will) to transfer my template to the new way, is this just a matter of renaming the .tpl to .xhtml via FTP, and then ensure that the syntax is valid?

Quote Originally Posted by nickoe
    Thank you, that was exactly the one thing I was missing regarding the header and footer.
    Fine.

I installed the googleanalytics extension, but I am having a hard time to figure out how or even where to configure it.
    All the settings concerning this extension you find in your page of type "Website root" in the "Site structure"

http://www.contao.org/extension-list/vi ... cs.en.html

If I were going to use the moo_analytics template, how should I be doing that?
    Just open the back end module "Templates" -> "New template" -> "moo_analytics" to make a copy of the original template. Edit this new template copy and add there your Google Analytics tracking ID. After that, make sure you have checked the option "moo_analytics" in the "MooTools-Templates" section in your "Page layout"
    → Support options

New user

Thank you very much. I am now using the googleanalytics extension, since the moo_analytics did not show any google analytics related code when configured as you state. (I did logout of the backend)

So I guess I will close the thread here.

Default Re: [SOLVED] Upgrade made my header and footer dissapear

I am now using the googleanalytics extension, since the moo_analytics did not show any google analytics related code when configured as you state.
    This could be a problem with an outdated/obsolete page tempalte "fe_*". There must be the following line at the end of the template code:
    Code:
    <?php echo $this->mootools; ?>
    Anyway, it is always a good idea to check whether a modified page template is still up to date. The original page template you find in "system/modules/frontend/templates/fe_page.*"
    → Support options

New user

Quote Originally Posted by xchs
    This could be a problem with an outdated/obsolete page tempalte "fe_*". There must be the following line at the end of the template code:
    Code:
    <?php echo $this->mootools; ?>
    Okay, I did't know that. I use the moo tools solution now, and it appears only when I am logged out of the backend. That is nice.

Regarding the template issue, should I just change the .tpl extension to .xhtml via FTP?

Regarding the template issue, should I just change the .tpl extension to .xhtml via FTP?
    You can either change the file extension to "*.xhtml" or to ".html5", depending on the "Output format" you have selected in the "Page layout" (Please note: "HTML" means there "HTML5"! )

Code:
    HTML: -> *.html5
    XHTML Strict: -> *.xhtml
    XHTML Transitional: -> *.xhtml
    But as already mentioned before you should also check whether your actual page template is still up to date. Just do this by comparing your own template with the original one in "system/modules/frontend/templates/fe_page.*"
    → Support options

New user

Thank you very much. That was the kind of infromation that I was missing. I have now replaced the extension to .xhtml and changed a few lines by comparing my original template and the fe_page.tlp and fe_page.xhtml. It seems to work just fine.