Thread: Problem after installing update Contao 2.10.1

New user

Default Problem after installing update Contao 2.10.1

Dear Friends,

Since I have tried to install the new updated version Contao 2.10.1 by using the Live Update ID I receive the following error message on the backend

Warning: include(/www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/config/initconfig.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/initialize.php on line 161
    #0 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/initialize.php(161): __error(2, 'include(/www/ht...', '/www/htdocs/w00...', 161, Array)
    #1 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/initialize.php(161): include()
    #2 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/contao/index.php(36): require_once('/www/htdocs/w00...')
    #3 {main}

Warning: include(/www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/config/initconfig.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/initialize.php on line 161
    #0 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/initialize.php(161): __error(2, 'include(/www/ht...', '/www/htdocs/w00...', 161, Array)
    #2 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/contao/index.php(36): require_once('/www/htdocs/w00...')
    #3 {main}

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/config/initconfig.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:..') in /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/initialize.php on line 161
    #0 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/initialize.php(161): __error(2, 'include() [< {main} #3 w00...?) htdocs www require_once(? index.php(36): contao tl w00bbf46 #2 include() initialize.php(161): system #1 Array) 161, w00...?, ? h...?,>
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/functions.php:164) in /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/libraries/Template.php on line 286
    #0 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/libraries/Template.php(286): __error(2, 'Cannot modify h...', '/www/htdocs/w00...', 286, Array)
    #1 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/modules/backend/BackendTemplate.php(170): Template->output('Vary: User-Agen...', false)
    #2 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/contao/index.php(129): BackendTemplate->output()
    #3 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/contao/index.php(138): Index->run()
    #4 {main}

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/functions.php:164) in /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/libraries/Template.php on line 287
    #0 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/libraries/Template.php(287): __error(2, 'Cannot modify h...', '/www/htdocs/w00...', 287, Array)
    #1 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/modules/backend/BackendTemplate.php(170): Template->output('Content-Type: t...')
    #2 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/contao/index.php(129): BackendTemplate->output()
    #3 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/contao/index.php(138): Index->run()
    #4 {main}
    and when I try to login after I have inserted my username and my password an internet explorer error message appears informing me that the link is broken.

At the same time also the frontend is not displayed correctly and the following error message appears on the frontend:

#2 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/index.php(36): require('/www/htdocs/w00...')
    #3 {main}

#2 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/index.php(36): require('/www/htdocs/w00...')
    #3 {main}

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '/www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/config/initconfig.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:..') in /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/initialize.php on line 161
    #0 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/initialize.php(161): __error(2, 'include() [< {main} #3 w00...?) htdocs www require(? index.php(36): tl w00bbf46 #2 include() initialize.php(161): system #1 Array) 161, w00...?, ? h...?,>
    Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/functions.php:164) in /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/libraries/Template.php on line 286
    #0 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/libraries/Template.php(286): __error(2, 'Cannot modify h...', '/www/htdocs/w00...', 286, Array)
    #1 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/modules/frontend/FrontendTemplate.php(208): Template->output('Vary: User-Agen...', false)
    #2 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/modules/frontend/PageRegular.php(168): FrontendTemplate->output()
    #3 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/index.php(200): PageRegular->generate()
    #4 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/index.php(319): Index->run(Object(DB_Mysql_Result))
    #5 {main}

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/functions.php:164) in /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/libraries/Template.php on line 287
    #0 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/libraries/Template.php(287): __error(2, 'Cannot modify h...', '/www/htdocs/w00...', 287, Array)
    #1 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/modules/frontend/FrontendTemplate.php(208): Template->output('Content-Type: t...')
    #2 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/modules/frontend/PageRegular.php(168): FrontendTemplate->output()
    #3 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/index.php(200): PageRegular->generate()
    #4 /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/index.php(319): Index->run(Object(DB_Mysql_Result))
    #5 {main}

I would be grateful if you could give me suggestions on how to solve the problem.

Thanks in advance
    Thomas

Default Re: Problem after installing update Contao 2.10.1

Hi Thomas,

it looks like there are some missing files:
    Code:
    No such file or directory in /www/htdocs/w00bbf46/tl/system/initialize.php
    Run the Contao-Check to check this.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

Thanks for the suggestions.

By uploading an earlier version of the initialize file I managed to get rid of the error messages and to get the frontend back to normal.

I also managed to access the backend, however the backend currently appears like this

http://www.aefjn.org/contao/index.php

and once you access it,items are not displayed correctly either.

Do you have any suggestions how I could solve this?

Thanks,
    Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by t.lazzeri
    By uploading an earlier version of the initialize file I managed to get rid of the error messages and to get the frontend back to normal.
    Sorry, but that's wrong. You should upload the right version of this file and not just an arbitrary old/obsolete version!

If you run the Contao-Check you see that there is exactly the mentioned file what is claimed by the tool: http://www.aefjn.org/contao-check.php?hide=1

Perhaps that solves your problems even then with the paths and the "TL_SCRIPT_URL" variable:
    Code:
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="TL_SCRIPT_URLsystem/scripts/2e79d50a19cb.css" media="all">
    → Support options

New user

Thanks for the answer and pardon if my question may sound stupid to you.

The Contao check indicates that the folder system/initialize.php is corrupt and that the folder system/logs has a CHMOD of 777 instead of 775, 755, 750.

What do I have to do to solve this?

Thanks,
    Thomas

Thanks for the answer and pardon if my question may sound stupid to you.
    Questions are never stupid. Answers sometimes are...

The Contao check indicates that the folder system/initialize.php is corrupt and that the folder system/logs has a CHMOD of 777 instead of 775, 755, 750.

What do I have to do to solve this?
    Download the latest stable release from contao.org. Unzip this archive on your PC/Mac. Search there for the file "system/initialize.php" in the directory structure and transmit this file to the Contao installation on your web server. You can do this with your prefered FTP client. If you want to change the access rights for the mentioned directory "logs" you can do this with your FTP client as well.
    → Support options

New user

Dear xchs,

I downloaded the latest version as you suggested and uploaded the system/initialize.php file with the FTP. But when I did it the same error message as above in the first posted was displayed again and the frontend appears in the distorted way.

Also the login page of the backend appears in a distorted way and if you carry out the login only the error message appears.

Best,
    Thomas

I downloaded the latest version as you suggested and uploaded the system/initialize.php file with the FTP. But when I did it the same error message as above in the first posted was displayed again and the frontend appears in the distorted way.
    I guess, you've done something wrong. The file on the server is still corrupt: http://www.aefjn.org/contao-check.php?hide=1
    Always check this with the Contao-Check. It will not work properly until this file has been replaced accordingly with the original version from the Contao download archive.
    → Support options

New user

I tried again it again: I downloaded the latest Contao version and uploaded the system/initial file via FTP but the result was still the same as you may see
    http://www.aefjn.org/

and the Contao check did not display correctly on my PC either.

Best,
    Thomas

Hi Thomas,

but the result was still the same
    Well, the result is not the same: yesterday there was a corrupt file ("system/initialize.php") claimed by the Contao Check. This file now seems to be fixed!

The current problem is caused by the missing file "system/config/initconfig.php". So, please upload this file too and all will be good.
    → Support options

New user

Thanks, it worked and the problems are solved.

Thanks a lot again

Fine. You're welcome.
    → Support options