Thread: Templates in 2.10

New user

Default Templates in 2.10

I am puzzled by the use of templates in version 2.10.
    Formerly, I had a couple of altered .tpl files in the templates section of Contao, containing minor customizations, mainly to the templates of the helpdesk/forum module.

In contao 2.10, I had to rename all the .tpl files into .xhtml and .html5 copies. I removed the original .tpl files.
    Everything works fine, but obviously I lost the customizations because I made the copies from the original files.

At that point, I loaded the .xhtml and .html5 in the templates section, and reapplied the changes.
    This didn't have any effect. Eventually I made the changes directly in the files at their location in the /system/modules/helpdesk/templates map, and this worked as expected.

I also made small customizations to the mod_login_2cl.html5 template and this worked in the usual fashion, by making the changes in Contao's templates section. Strangeness.

Bart.

Experienced user

Default Re: Templates in 2.10

Contao now has a filecache. This may increase speed, but certainly decreases "expected behavior". I've had the same issues. Contao didn't change much though and if you rename your tpl to xhtml or html5 in the templates dir everything works fine. The way to resolve your problems is to; undo changes to the originals, place the changed templates in the templates dir and finally go to maintanance and clear the cache (not sure which checkbox from here, I'm guessing tmp dir)

I need to lookup if the cache can be disabled. If not request it as a developers option.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud
    ...and finally go to maintanance and clear the cache (not sure which checkbox from here, I'm guessing tmp dir)
    Yes, all entries in "system/tmp" must be purged.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud
    I need to lookup if the cache can be disabled. If not request it as a developers option.
    This has been added in revision r1002. When you enable the "Debug mode" all caches should be disabled (at least in theory ).
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

New user

I followed the given advice, and it worked as you gentlemen said.

Thank you,
    Bart.