Thread: Maybe a structure problem?

User

Default Maybe a structure problem?

Hi !

I have just installed a clean copy of contao, the smoothest process ever, no problems whatsoever.
    I then imported a .cto-file, also piece of cake. Really beautiful.

I then start setting up my first page an I want to preview it, and I get "An error occurred while executing this script!"
    Does it have something to do with the site structure? I can see, that in another installation I made, there are two wired globes at the top of the site structure. Is this what's making the problem?

Kind regards, Pino

Default Re: Maybe a structure problem?

Quote Originally Posted by pinocchio
    Does it have something to do with the site structure? I can see, that in another installation I made, there are two wired globes at the top of the site structure. Is this what's making the problem?
    You have to set up a page of type "Website root" in the back end module "Site structure" (i.e. the second globe in the list).

Open the site structure in the Contao Online-Demo to see how such a structure should look like.
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Thanx for your reply xchs

Well, I set up the site root page, tried frontend preview, which then said "no layout specified" - a nice change. When I choose a layout for the site root, frontend preview returns to "An error occurred while executing this script!" regardsless of which layout I choose. Can't seem to find whats wrong :-/

Could it have something to do with theme import? Does a the import require import of sql files with the install tool?

Kind regards, pino

Okay, then you should enable the option "Display error messages" in the back end module "Settings".
    Contao Community Moderator
    → Support options

User

Thanks for your help xchs - this gives a hint about whats wrong I guess. But I'm not particularly good at fiddling around in the engine of contao, so not really sure what to do :-/

Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Could not find template file "" thrown in /var/www/- - - - -/web/system/libraries/Controller.php on line 109
    #0 /var/www/- - - - -/web/system/libraries/Template.php(142): Controller->getTemplate(NULL)
    #1 /var/www/- - - - -/web/system/modules/frontend/FrontendTemplate.php(49): Template->parse()
    #2 /var/www/- - - - -/web/system/modules/imageslider/ModuleImageslider.php(202): FrontendTemplate->parse()
    #3 /var/www/- - - - -/web/system/modules/frontend/Module.php(129): ModuleImageslider->compile()
    #4 /var/www/- - - - -/web/system/modules/imageslider/ModuleImageslider.php(66): Module->generate()
    #5 /var/www/- - - - -/web/system/libraries/Controller.php(271): ModuleImageslider->generate()
    #6 /var/www/- - - - -/web/system/modules/frontend/PageRegular.php(71): Controller->getFrontendModule('25', 'header')
    #7 /var/www/- - - - -/web/index.php(198): PageRegular->generate(Object(DB_Mysql_Result))
    #8 /var/www/- - - - -/web/index.php(333): Index->run()
    #9 {main}

Experienced user

The module called Imageslider may need updating, or may not be Contao 2.10.x compatable.
    Check its compatability and try updating it from the Extension Manager.

User

Thank you for your help guys!

Problem solved: There where no slides defined in ImageSlider !

regards, pino