Thread: Display list Column option

Default Display list Column option

Hello,
    How can I set up my display list in order to have 3 products side by side instead of 3 products stacked ?
    It seems that the option "Columns" in my Product List module doesn't work :|

When i set it to 3, i should have my products displayed into 3 columns, no ?

Thank you for your help,
    Regards,
    Stéphane
    Utilisateur de Contao depuis 2008

Experienced user

Default Re: Display list Column option

You'd think.

If it does not, that most likely has everything to do with your product list's template (whether it's been customized), whether there's some sort of "tableless layout" option that you have selected, and also your CSS rules to display the items. So in that order...

1. See if the product template has been customized. If it has, try renaming it or moving it out of "/templates" so that the default template gets used instead. If your products are now in 3 columns, that's your answer.

2. Uncheck "tableless layout" if it exists (it's been a while since I've needed to use Isotope so I forget). I know that in the core wherever there's a columns option, that's done with tables. It's easy to set up rows and columns that way, but if you go tableless the best that Isotope can do is class each item with a row and column number -- it's up to you to create the CSS rules that actually visually put them into columns.

3. If the above 2 don't solve it, or you don't want to use tables or revert your template, you just need to create the correct CSS rules to make it happen. The easiest thing to do is post a link to what you have so far and I can help you get started (if you need it).
    Brian

Default Re: Display list Column option

Thank you,

this is solved...Just a matter of inapropriate style (div holder too small for the whole 3 columns)

Sorry,

Thank you for your help
    Utilisateur de Contao depuis 2008