Hello everybody,

I am using the mootoolsnav extension and would like to change the behavior of the accordion to open with a click, instead of with a hover. Does anybody have any experience achieving this?

I found the following code in nav_moomenu.tpl, which I believe is where the mouseover is defined:

Code:
<li class="<?php if ($item['class']) echo $item['class']; ?> nosubmenu" onmouseover="moomenu_stop()" onmouseout="moomenu_fire()">
I have tried changing the "onmouseover" and "onmouseout" events to "onclick", but I am running into a few obvious problems (which I unfortunately don't know how to fix).

First of all, since the menu item I'm clicking on is a link, instead of the menu opening to reveal submenu items, I'm brought to a new page. Is it possible to disable the link so only the accordion can function?

Also, since I'm specifying an "onclick" for both "onmouseover" and "onmouseout", I have no way of toggling the open and closed states of the menu. Is there a way around this?

Hopefully this information makes sense! Any suggestions or tips would be very much appreciated! Thanks.