Thread: IS contao fitted for my project

Default IS contao fitted for my project

Hello,
    I've a project involving that a registered user can create is own blog, using predifined templates.

Is it possible with contao ? If not, do you know any existing CMS that can do that ?

Thanks
    Utilisateur de Contao depuis 2008

User

Default Re: IS contao * for my project

Hi,

I am the author of the Im.Ex. extension for Contao.

Using Im.Ex. you can prepare a package that can be used to create a new "blog skeleton" each time you wish.

If you need more information feel free to ask here or contact me
    Consulenza Contao CMS https://www.intco.it

Experienced user

ga.n, is your (absolutely great) extension also able to handle frontend member requests? I think septentrio wants this to be automated.

septentrio, I'm absolutely unsure about the existence of all the parts you neet. But if a blog/news/comment option/extension exists for members then you can probably get it to work the way you want.

If it isn't possible with the existing standard options and available extensions you might want to hook into the member registration to add specific rights for members to do what you want!

User

the Im.Ex. extension is made of the engine and the ui. The engine can be used without the ui.

So the problem can be solved following these steps:

1. prepare the blog (as a site root) and export it as imex package with the correct requirements
    2. create a form that on submission:
    2.1 create a backend user
    2.2 import the imex package and set the backend user created in step 2.1 as the owner of the new site root

the step 1 can be already be done using the Ui (zedseries_imex_ui) the other steps must be coded.
    the step 2.2 can be done using the engine (zedseries_imex)

Experienced user

Excellent! I'm interested as well. Is there any php coding needed to get the engine to do this (using hooks)? Or is there an interface that lets one set this up without any coding at all?

In either case; documentation?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ruud
    Excellent! I'm interested as well. Is there any php coding needed to get the engine to do this (using hooks)?
    Code:
    <?php
            $imp = new ZedSeriesImExPackageImporter('system/tmp/archive.imex');

// obtain the list of tables needed by the archive
            $tables = $imp->summary->getTables(ZedSeriesImExConstants::dcTable);

$du = new ZedSeriesDatabaseUtils();

$tbMaxIds = $du->getMaxIdForTables($tables);

// a list of the requirements can be fetched with $imp->summary->getRequirements()
            $arrRequirements = array();

try {
                // will throw an Exception if  a requirement is missing or a table is not valid
                $imp->prepareData($tbMaxIds, $arrRequirements);
                // will throw an Exception on Database error or file permission error
                $imp->importData();
           } catch (Exception $e) {
                echo '***** error: '.$e->getMessage();
                exit;
           }
    ?>

Or is there an interface that lets one set this up without any coding at all?
    I can not see any way to manage the above code through an ui, if you want to share your ideas feel free to open a ticket at http://dev.zedseries.com

In either case; documentation?
    I am fixing some bugs and adapting the code for Contao 2.10, the next step is provide the api of the Exporter and Importer classes