Thread: Fatal error!

New user

Default Fatal error!

Hi,

I have fatal error, see below. I was clicking on the 'Product management' link when this error occurred.

What is the issue with this error?

Thanks, Rob.

Code:
    Fatal error: Uncaught exception Exception with message Query error: Unknown column 'sorting' in 'order clause' (SELECT id, pid FROM tl_iso_products WHERE pid IN(0) ORDER BY FIND_IN_SET(pid, '0'), sorting) thrown in /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/cms/system/libraries/Database.php on line 677
    #0 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/cms/system/libraries/Database.php(624): Database_Statement->query()
    #1 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/cms/system/libraries/Database.php(164): Database_Statement->execute()
    #2 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/cms/system/libraries/Controller.php(2810): Database->execute('SELECT id, pid ...')
    #3 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/cms/system/libraries/Controller.php(2952): Controller->getChildRecords(0, 'tl_iso_products', true)
    #4 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/cms/system/drivers/DC_Table.php(225): Controller->eliminateNestedPages(Array, 'tl_iso_products', true)
    #5 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/cms/system/modules/backend/Backend.php(210): DC_Table->__construct('tl_iso_products')
    #6 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/cms/contao/main.php(101): Backend->getBackendModule('iso_products')
    #7 /Applications/MAMP/htdocs/cms/contao/main.php(286): Main->run()
    #8 {main}

Experienced user

Default Re: Fatal error!

I had the same thing right after updating to Contao 2.10.3. Did you update as well?

For now I fixed it by adding the missing field to the database. I'll add it to the project tracker as a possible bug (or perhaps it is a Contao problem)

To add the field you can edit /TL_ROOT/system/modules/isotope/config/database.sql Find the lines I show below and add the missing line (the one with sorting).
    Code:
    CREATE TABLE `tl_iso_products` (
      `id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment,
      `pid` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
      `sorting` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0',
    After saving you need to run the install tool or use any other method by which Contao can update the database.

New user

Default Re: Fatal error!

Hi Ruud,

Yes, I did upgrade to Contao 2.10.3. Thanks for the fix, I will let you know how I get on with updating the database.

Rob