Thread: [Solved] Problem with plugin manager

New user

Default [Solved] Problem with plugin manager

I am trying to get my old Contao installation (2.9.1) up to date. The first step is to update the extensions via extension manager, where I face the following problem:
    First, the extension manager shows me several extensions which may be updated to newer versions, see screenshow1.
    [attachment=1:3r5qd3qn]screenshot1.png[/attachment:3r5qd3qn]
    When I then click on "Update plugin", the version dropdown list is disabled, so I can't choose a new version and therefore the update will fail when I click on "Continue".
    [attachment=0:3r5qd3qn]screenshot2.png[/attachment:3r5qd3qn]

Actually, I also tried to upgrade Conao to the newest version but had a similar problem in the install.php script - even there I had empty/disabled dropdown lists, e.g. in the section for import of templates - apart from the fact that the CSS was broken, but that's another issue...

Anyone has an idea what the problem with the dropdown lists may be?

Experienced user

Default Re: Problem with plugin manager

In Settings, there is a "Show Incompatable extensions" checkbox under Extension Repository (right down the bottom).
    Also a "fallback languages" field which I guess needs something in it.

Do these make a difference?

Experienced user

Also -- I've never used this, so I'm not sure, but...

If you edit (pencil icon) the extension, there are check boxes for "Update Protection" and "Uninstall Protection". Make sure those are unchecked.
    Brian

New user

@Medianomaly: "Update Protection" and "Uninstall Protection" are both unchecked for all my extensions.

@ramjet: "Show Incompatable extensions" does not have any effect, and "fallback languages" is set to "en,de"...

Experienced user

Have you run the system check tool, and is it all green?
    Does your htaccess file match the Contao version, and is it configured correctly?
    Does your environment meet the "minimum requirements"?

New user

When I wanted to run the system check, I realized that it was for version 2.9.5, so I upgraded to that version. In the install script, I also got the message that the 2.9.2 sql update must be run first (which I did not get when I tried to upgrade directly ty 2.10.x last week). After that, even the normal database update went smoothly.
    After updating all files to 2.9.5, the system check showed no errors (apart a number of file permissions being unnecessarily open, such as 755 instead of 644).

.htaccess is the standard version for search engine friendly paths and works fine, the frontend user sees no problems.

Also, all system requirements should be met.

Anyhow, I think I will proceed to updating to 2.10.x now. Hopefully the extension problem gets solved soon, as it is right now I cannot update or install new extensions... :-(

Experienced user

apart a number of file permissions being unnecessarily open, such as 755 instead of 644
    you probably need to fix this.... some that should be 644 cannot be 755

New user

Default Re: [Solved] Problem with plugin manager

It seems that I have solved this issue.
    The problem was not the file permissions. Probably it was the "tensiderepository" extension which is not compatible to recent versions of Contao.
    What I did:

1. Update to 2.9.5 as described before. -> Update successful, but extension problems remained.
    2. Update to 2.10.3 -> Update successful with 2 steps in database update. Problems with extensions remained.
    3. Database check in plugin manager showed a number of items to add and also a number of items to remove. I checked all of them and got an error "Query error: Can't DROP 'PRIMARY'; check that column/key exists (ALTER TABLE `tl_article` DROP `PRIMARY`'".
    4. Tried the same with only the new items. No error, but nothing happened either.
    5. Uninstalled tensiderepository -> All items in database check went away, and the original problem with extension update was solved too :-)

Thanks anyhow for your suggestions!