Thread: (front end) Individual Member Pages

New user

Default (front end) Individual Member Pages

I would like to create one private page per member - something designed to enable on-site private communication between the member and the back-end administrator (set up a forum with a private forum section for each? blog-style setup with comments? a wiki? some kind of creative use of forms?). This would include (but not be limited to) private account information (billing etc) that other members should not be able to see.

Do I just create a new group for every single member to control access, or is there a better/more-elegant/more-correct way of managing this?

We'll need
    - separate 2-way communication between admin and each member, that other members cannot discover the existence of
    - information should remain on this page "for the record" until admin deletes it - exchanging emails isn't enough

The number of members will be small enough and stable enough (for the foreseeable future at least) that doing initial setup for each one by hand would not be a major problem.

Hoping this is not an idiotic question.
    Thanks for any tips, ideas, recommended reading...

(I would watch a video if I knew ahead of time that it definitely contained the piece of information I wanted to know. Otherwise I stay away from videos because they aren't searchable.)

New user

Default Re: (front end) Individual Member Pages

OK...
    As I travel back through old forum topics, I see the Helpdesk extension mentioned. However, according to its own web page, Helpdesk is only compatible with Contao versions up to 2.9. Has the Helpdesk extension page simply missed a minor update, or is the extension obsolete starting from Contao version 2.10?

Thanks
    David

Experienced user

Default Re: (front end) Individual Member Pages

I think it is discontinued, but I'm not entirely sure.
    A security token system was introduced in 2.10, and extensions that post forms won't be compatable if not updated as per
    http://www.contao.org/news/items/contao-2_10_RC1.html
    You can do it yourself by downloading the extension zip, following those instructions and installing your version manually.
    There may be other extensions in the Repository that do what you need.