Thread: Adding fields to the tl_iso_products DCA

User

Default Adding fields to the tl_iso_products DCA

Hi,

i'm currently building an extension for Isotope. I'm trying to add some fields to the tl_iso_products table in the back end. I've seen various extensions that do this on the Isotope GitHub but i'm having trouble understanding how it's done.

None of these extensions seem to add anything to the palette, the tl_iso_products.php files in the DCA just contain the field data. I've tried replicating this and my fields aren't being added.

Once I have my custom fields in my tl_iso_products.php DCA file, how do I get them to show in Isotope?

Thanks!

Experienced user

Default Re: Adding fields to the tl_iso_products DCA

Normally you add additional fields using the Attribute Manager. Then you create sets of fields to form a Product Type, where you can add/remove these custom fields as well. All these fields are available in the templates and other hooks, so no real need to add them to the DCA.

User

Default Re: Adding fields to the tl_iso_products DCA

Thanks for the reply. The reason I wanted to add them from the DCA was because they were part of an extension. I wanted them to be added as part of the extension rather than added manually by the user.

It turns out the tl_iso_products works a bit differently to a normal DCA. Once you have defined the fields in the DCA instead of adding them to the palette you need to go to 'Product Types' in the Isotope backend and select them as fields for the product type you are using.