Thread: E-mails for status changes

Experienced user

Default E-mails for status changes

I'd like to be able to create e-mail templates to be used when an order status changes. For example when I change the status to "sent to customer" (which is not a default state). I'd like the customer to receive an e-mail with the tracking code for their order.

Or is it intended that such functionality is added to the backendInterface function of each shipment/payment module? If not I'll make it a feature request. If so, I could use some pointers how to best approach this.

Default Re: E-mails for status changes

Easiest way would be to tap into the save_callback on the status field in the tl_iso_orders DCA.

Although I have been working on a email-messaging system for Isotope that is nearing completion which allows all communications sent to the customer to be logged and also has the ability to assign trigger events to the emails. Will keep you posted on that.

Experienced user

Great news, thanks! I'm curious to see what you make and can also test it if you'd think that helps.

New user

Experienced user

Quote Originally Posted by sochkasov
    https://github.com/winans-creative/isotope_messaging

You talk about this module?
    If so, this module does not yet include the trigger for certain events.

What it does have is using preset templates that can include the simple tokens and everything else you could need. So as soon as some sort of trigger mechanism is in place it would be perfect for what I asked for!