Thread: Isotope - 1500 product store

User

Default Isotope - 1500 product store

Hi,

We're attempting to build a reasonably large store with Isotope that will have around 1500 products.

All the products have been imported via a PHP script and every time we go to the "Product management" screen our browsers are crashing due to Isotope trying to list all 1500 at once.

Are there any tools/extensions for Isotope that would allow for a more robust product management system?

Also, has anyone else had much experience at building large stores with Isotope?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Experienced user

Default Re: Isotope - 1500 product store

3500 products in one store. We keep sure we never deselect all filters. Big problem, paging should be added!

User

Thanks for the help. We did consider this but i'm not sure how practical it would be in practice, it's good to know someone else has managed to pull it off though! Hopefully paging is something that can be added in the future.

Experienced user

Actually I'm pretty sure I saw a discussion about this before. There must be a reason it is not implemented...

Experienced user

Actually this is a bug and I've fixed it in my installation. It lists ALL records instead of showing the amount needed, or "No Records to display"

Experienced user

something with the dca, easy fix?

The newest version has lazy loading of products in the BE product management. It only loads as you see them, which prevents crashing.

There really isn't a good way to do pagination in a ProductTree view, which is why this method was implemented...