Thread: Insert/Edit Link broken in TinyMCE

New user

Default Insert/Edit Link broken in TinyMCE

Just upgraded to 2.11.0 and now back end users are saying that they can't edit inline links in the rich text editor. As an admin user, when I click the link button in TinyMCE, all looks normal. Non-admin end users get the "Contao Pages" popup menu with no pages available, and nothing else. No ability to manually enter a URL or any of the other stuff normally in the link editor inside TinyMCE. I've triple checked access permissions and whatnot, but I still get the feeling I'm missing something. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

New user

Default Re: Insert/Edit Link broken in TinyMCE

Hello,
    we had the same problem. We solved deleting and recreating the user!

ADDED on MARCH 5, 2012

After few tests, I verified the problem is always there!

New user

Tried that, but it didn't work.

Experienced user

I'd probably try the following (in this order):

1. Go to the install tool and just double-check that database is up to date after your update. Depending on what version you upgraded from (and how you upgraded), it needs to do a couple of "compatibility" type updates for new versions. My thought here is maybe there's a change in how user permissions are stored between versions.

2. Try backing up all of the files in "/system/config/" that start with "tiny" -- (i.e. tinyFlash.php, tinyNews.php, tinyMCE.php). Once you do that, replace them with the ones that ship with Contao. These files would normally not get overwritten by an update.

3. If that doesn't work, keep that change, but in addition replace the entire "/plugins/tinymce/" folder with what ships with Contao. Unless you have custom skins or plugins that you've installed yourself, you don't really need to back this one up first.

4. If that doesn't work, try running the "System Check" tool on Contao's download page. It may help find any inconsistencies between your installation and the "stock" one, and help identify problem files.
    Brian

New user

I installed a brand new, clean, 2.11.0 of Contao, with a brand-new empty database.

All the system check stuff is fine.

Run install.php, but do not import template, just start it from scratch.

Create new website root. Create one page inside that web site.

Create a Back End Group with all privileges, grant access to the one and only web site as a page mount.

Create a new user and make them a member of that group.

Assign all access rights to "Owner" for website root, and set the owner to the new user. Do same for the page inside that web site.

Change the owner of the only article in the one page to the new back end user.

Login as back end user, edit article, add text element, type, select, click link. Still broken. Can't create links in TinyMCE from fresh install and empty database.

New user

I have same issue after updating to 2.11.0. Don't know how to solve this issue yet, deleting/creating new users and same problem - only users with admin status could insert links into articles. I think it's a bug and it should be reported.

New user

I found this bug has already been corrected!

The solution at:

https://github.com/contao/core/commit/4 ... 0bfa05f141

New user

Quote Originally Posted by Dario.Palmisano
    I found this bug has already been corrected!

The solution at:

https://github.com/contao/core/commit/4 ... 0bfa05f141
    Thank you very much!
    I've applied changes and problem solved!

Experienced user

Yes, thanks!

A couple of days after I wrote my response, I ran into the exact same issue.
    Brian