Thread: Live Update Question

New user

Default Live Update Question

To make life easier I purchased a live update licence to automate upgrading Contao. However the current version is now at 2.11.0 and my installation says I am at version 2.9.3 and that my version is up to date.

Is this correct? why has it not been upgrading my installation?

I often check the extension manager and it shows extensions that have been updated. I then install these updates and have had no issues with doing this.

Regards

Alan

Experienced user

Default Re: Live Update Question

Look at your localconfig.php. As a trick so customers do not get nervous about updates being available I add the parameter $GLOBALS['TL_CONFIG']['latestVersion'] = '2.10.3'; (where 2.10.3 should be the currently installed version) to the bottom of localconfig.php, after "### INSTALL SCRIPT STOP ###". That parameter should be the problem in your case, modify it to 2.11.0. If it is missing, add it BEFORE the ### ...### using 2.11.0 as value.

New user

I made the change you suggested and it did prompt me to upgrade which I duly did selecting 2.11.0.

It then installed loads of files and I then selected continue after which I didn't get any further. The browser indicating it was still processing something but after 25 mins I stopped the browser at which point I found all my websites that use Cantao didn't work anymore - couldn't connect to the database. The error log had this in it - [26-Feb-2012 09:44:25] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'Could not connect to database (Access denied for user 'comberen'@'localhost' (using password: NO))' thrown in /home/comberen/public_html/apps/Contao/system/libraries/Database.php on line 78.

To get me back to a working system I did a system restore, to a retsore point, through the CPanel of my hosting company.

A bit nerve racking for a little bit their. I am a relative novice at maintaining websites.

Do you have any suggests as to what went wrong. Do I need to update to the 2.10.4 release first.

Experienced user

Contact the live update service support you are using.

New user

Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated, I will contact the live update team.