Thread: Contao 3.0

Default Contao 3.0

I saw that there was a discussion going on in the German forum about what framework is going to be used for contao 3.0
    I've tried to understand the posts but my German is very bad. What framework has been chosen in the end?

Experienced user

Default Re: Contao 3.0

On the last Contao camp in November 2011, a change of the underlying PHP framework that Contao is built on was subject to discussion. Such a change is however not decided.

The focus of the development team for the next two years will be the development of the existing framework with particular consideration of its backward compatibility. The existing framework is being extended in Contao 3 but it will not fundamentally be changed.

In parallel, the team evaluates whether switching to a different framework will be useful and profitable for Contao. Hereto we have set an evaluation period of one year, so there will be no decision before the second quarter of 2013.

If the team should decide a framework change, we would schedule enough lead time to ensure a smooth transition and we would also try to provide a script to import the existing contents. Furthermore, the developer team would support the latest Contao version based on the old framework for at least three years.

So there will be no "hard cut" as feared by some.
    From: http://www.contao.org/en/news/contao-te ... -2012.html

Default Re: Contao 3.0

thanx for your answer!