Thread: cm_membergooglemaps breaks Member area in 2.11.0 - 2.11.2

User

Default cm_membergooglemaps breaks Member area in 2.11.0 - 2.11.2

Good morning:

I have several clients who use the Member Google Maps in the extension cm_membergooglemaps to build a map of member offices in a given area. I've encountered several problems with this extension since the release of Contao 2.11.0. Automatic displays of data are failing, and now in v2.11.2 the Member area breaks when this extension (1.5.2 rc2) is installed. Basically the information associated with the member display is damaged so that you can't use the member area:

[attachment=1:613vap21]frontwave_member_before.jpg[/attachment:613vap21]

And here is the Member area once the cm_membergooglemaps is deleted from the Extension Manager:

[attachment=0:613vap21]frontwave_member_after.jpg[/attachment:613vap21]

The extension was updated to ensure that I was on current release (it showed "expected to be compatible with 2.11.2) and I updated the extension database to make certain that no additional changes to the extensions database needed to be applied. Everything appeas to be "good to go".

This is a very useful extension and hopefully the developer will be able to address some of the issues associated with this extension. If anybody has a suggestion to a fix or patch to this extension, please let me know.

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

User

Default Re: cm_membergooglemaps breaks Member area in 2.11.0 - 2.11.

I've been in touch with the developer and he's working to fix some of the issues I'm seeing. I'm posting this latest to keep everybody informed.

Although I've updated the cm_membergooglemaps extension to current release, and I've created a memberlist with Google Map and tried the extension again on a site that is in production.

I've created several members with the necessary information to show their address on the Google Map, and have assigned them to a specific member group. The memberlist with google map has the member group and should fire.

1. If the module is "published" and resident on a live Contao page article, when you attempt to load the page the page loads a blank, white screen with the notice "No root page found". If I "TURN OFF" the modules visibility on the page, and then reload the browser, the properly formatted page loads but obviously with out the map I'm expecting to see.

2. The instructions for the current release of the module calls for a Google Maps API key to be installed in either the settings or the root page and provides an address that is no longer valid. Google Maps API is now consolidated in the Google Developer area and one "key" suffices for a variety of developer projects.

3. I've looked very hard at the Contao settings page and there is NO field visible for a Google Maps API key. I've seen this field in earlier versions of Contao, but I suspect that it is not setup properly to display this field. The instructions also suggest that you can enter the key in the root page of the site, but here again there is no field that can accept the key.

4. In the current release of the extension there are both .tpl, .xhtml and .html5 files in the template folder. The .tpl files should be removed completely from the extension in a 2.11.x Contao install. I deleted these files but this did not affect the behavior described above.

5. Right now I think this extension is broken and should not be used on a production site until these errors are fixed. I'm going to complete my project with a manually generated Google map mashup.

I will communicate this information to the developer and hopefully he will be able to get these issues resolved.

Ernest McDermon
    Snellville, GA

New user

Default cm_membergooglemaps requires english translation

I just started using membergooglemaps and I'm finding it rather difficult because the english language files are still in German. Here is the contents of system/modules/cm_membergooglemaps/languages/en/tl_member.php:

<?php if (!defined('TL_ROOT')) die('You can not access this file directly!');
    /**
    * TL_ROOT/system/modules/cm_membergooglemaps/languages/de/tl_member.php
    * Contao extension: cm_membergooglemaps 1.3.0 rc2
    * Deutsch translation file
    * Copyright : &copy; 2010 Christian Münster
    * License : GNU Lesser Public License (LGPL)
    * Author : Christian Münster (ChrMue)
    * Translator: Christian Münster (ChrMue)
    * This file was created automatically be the Contao extension repository translation module.
    * Do not edit this file manually. Contact the author or translator for this module to establish
    * permanent text corrections which are update-safe.
    */

$GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['tl_member_group']['cm_membergooglemaps_mapview'] = "Kartenansicht";
    $GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['tl_member_group']['cm_map_iconstd']['0'] = "Gruppenspezifisches Marker-Icon - Standard";
    $GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['tl_member_group']['cm_map_iconstd']['1'] = "Wählen Sie das Icon, dass für diese Gruppe verwendet werden soll. Wenn Sie kein Icon auswählen, wird das Standardicon in der Karte gezeigt.";
    $GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['tl_member_group']['cm_map_iconnear']['0'] = "Gruppenspezifisches Marker-Icon - Nahbereich";
    $GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['tl_member_group']['cm_map_iconnear']['1'] = "Wählen Sie das Icon, dass für diese Gruppe als ergebnis der Umkreissuche verwendet werden soll. Wenn Sie kein Icon auswählen, wird das Standardicon in der Karte gezeigt.";
    ?>

I wonder if the "Contao extension repository translation module" is broken because I have seen this several other times before. The translation from German to English is still German. I don't speak German and neither do my clients. They are not amused when back end modules that are supposed to be in English are actually in German. Please advise

Best way is to ask the developer to translate it, or ask in the german forum if someone will be so kind.

Many developers publish their extension in an englich version as otherwise it can not be found on contao.org by searching the ER. But they are not able to translate or have no time.

cm_membergooglemaps is no core module.

Here my attempt
    Code:
    $GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['tl_member_group']['cm_membergooglemaps_mapview'] = "Map view";
    $GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['tl_member_group']['cm_map_iconstd']['0'] = "Group specific marker icon - default";
    $GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['tl_member_group']['cm_map_iconstd']['1'] = "Choose the icon for that group. If you choose none the default icon will be used.";
    $GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['tl_member_group']['cm_map_iconnear']['0'] = "Group specific marker icon - near range";
    $GLOBALS['TL_LANG']['tl_member_group']['cm_map_iconnear']['1'] = "Choose the icon to be used for this group as result of the radial search. If you choose none the default icon will be used.";
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist

New user

Thanks for that, there's only a few files, I think I'll use a regular expression or a write a macro for a text editor. Here's an old saying:

A programmer has a problem and decides to solve it with a regular expression. Now the programmer has 2 problems.

New user

I did 6 of the files myself by using a google translate page and moving my mouse so fast it was just a blur. I am hesitant to do tl_cm_gmaplayout.php since it contains array names as well as values. And I also still have to do the 2 big ones: tl_cm_gmaptypestyle and tl_module.php. That's a lot of work.

Does anyone know of an editor that allows me to translate only highlighted text? Maybe with a right click? That would be a great help.

New user

I spent a couple of hours copying and translating and now I have real english words in my googlemaps module. Looks great but I can't get it to work. I would like googlemaps to work in 2 different ways:

1) a module that receives the visitors location and returns a map showing all members within a specified distance

2) an insert tag that runs the module with a MemberID as input and returns the map to the visitor.

I'm ready to create a custom inserttag for #2 if necessary, I have already done one for the Avatar extension. Basicly my users come to the site looking for a hypnotist. Each hypnotist is a member and I have heavily modified the ExtendedForm module to get as far as I am. Take a look at http://hypnosishealthpractitionerscanada.com/ to see what I mean.

I really like Contao but the lack of English documentation is thoroughly maddening!

You also can use the german forum or the english irc.freenode.net channel #contao
    Web-Development, Freelancer, Burgtech, XHTML, HTML5, CSS, PHP, Javascript, MooTools, MySQL and more
    Amazon wishlist