Thread: Upload image uniq name

Default Upload image uniq name

Hi,
    when you upload image with name image.jpg and then the new item has the same name (image.jpg) the first one gets overridden.

Can someone point some solution for uniq names...so if the image has the same name it gets the item ID, just like alias issue

Best regards,
    W.
    Web design agency - EDsolution.si Izdelava spletnih strani

Experienced user

Default Re: Upload image uniq name

Hey wotanskrieg,
    I don't think that makes sense logically, otherwise how would you ever overwrite an image if you wanted too?
    I think solutions if you absolutely needed this would be:

Frontend - to either find an existing uploader that allows this (which I would doubt exists for the above reason) and use it instead of the system one, or write your own upload script.

Backend - make use of the "postUpload" hook to intercept, compare and change the filename.

Yeah you have a point, but if you have member who upload image 1.jpg and than the other member upload the image 1.jpg...well the first members image will be overridden.

Experienced user

If you mean frontend, you can assign each member their own directory.

That would be a great solution, but we are talking about Catalog here. But ok this is a good start since the new folder has the user ID, now it only needs to be uploded to this folder.

Ok I've figure it out.

In the ModuleCatalogEdit.php i've change path of file to members/user_ '.' $userid, so it isn't even necessary to assign each member their own directory because when they upload image the folder is created itself in a way user_25.

Thanks for the tip ramjet