Thread: Toggler HTML editor

New user

Default Toggler HTML editor

I am working on 2 servers, trying to update an older one and noticed that in Contao 2.9 there is an HTML editor where you can choose what code you want to insert, "C, Javascript, HTML, PHP" and so forth... but in the newest contao, I don't see that, is there a way to turn it on or does it not come with the latest contao?
    It is found when I am in an article and choose the element type of HTML then down where I write the HTML code, there is a bar that has a bunch of options for th code, under is a Toggle editor checkbox that seems to turn it on and off, but that checkbox doesn't seem to be there in Contao 2.11... Any idea if there is a way to turn it on?

Experienced user

Default Re: Toggler HTML editor

Hi eschoolweb,
    No, the editor is different in 2.11 ( now Codemirror - it was EditArea).
    In saying that, there is a difference in the editor layout between element type "html", and element type "code", which allows syntax highlighting, if thats what you are after.

New user

No, I know what the Element type code is... That displays the code you input onto a webpage. What I am talking about, it seems as if it recognized a bunch of different code types... The screenshot I've attached is what I am talking about... In the drop down list you can choose different code types... And the checkbox at the bottom toggles the editor on and off...

Experienced user

In the drop down list you can choose different code types
    You can do this with syntax highlighting (its a dropdown) in element type "code".

Anyway, no, EditArea no longer ships with Contao.