Thread: Purging the TempFolder automatically? Weekly?

New user

Default Purging the TempFolder automatically? Weekly?

Our client: http://hazmatpac.com recently had his website shut down due to the large number of files that were stored in the temp folder are visitors searched for different products on the site.

I found where to clear the caches: http://www.hazmatpac.com/typolight/main ... aintenance and resolved the issue for the time being, but is there a way to stop searches being stored? Or to automatically have the temp folder cleared? I've spend several hours combing the Contao Community support pages for an answer but find none that I understand :D though this page, in German looks promising: https://github.com/contao/core/issues/3605 However, running it through Google's Translator didn't really help me.

The client had another design company built this site, then handed it to us to maintain. We/I have no experience with Contao aka TYPOlight other than what I'm trying to learn on my own.

I appreciate being pointed in the right direction if I am.

Thanks,

Trish

Experienced user

Default Re: Purging the TempFolder automatically? Weekly?

had his website shut down
    For exceeding storage space?

If yes, IMHO the best solution is to upgrade plan to more storage or switch host.
    Caching happens for a reason - it speeds up delivery of the website and it reduces bandwidth.

is there a way to stop searches being stored? Or to automatically have the temp folder cleared?
    yes and yes - if you still want to do this - What version are you running?

New user

Thank you for your replies!

Re: storage - there was 6 Gigs worth of files in the system's temp folder. I was notified that the hosting company shut them down when it reached that number :shock:

It appears that it keeps putting results of searches into the folder, and I agree with the comment on caching!

This is an older version of the cms: 2.6.3

I realize there is a much newer version, I even see the link for live update, but honestly, I don't think I'm that brave just yet!
    And I apologize for not including the version number in my original post, I know better ops:

Appreciate any and all help!

Experienced user

it keeps putting results of searches into the folder
    How to you mean, cached image files or something else?

I'm not sure what settings 2.6.3 has for controlling caching. If you pm me the backend login I'll have a look.
    I think it can run cron- you could set up a cron job to purge the temp directory every hour/day /week (it may already run weekly i'm not sure)

There were old forums that dealt more with this era (Typolight) but they seem to have gone.

New user

Thank you!! Let me pass this on to the boss and I'll pm you.

T